KC-DYH Officially My Girl

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots
Lola-Mexican Red Headed Amazon
And finally...the first time she let me scritch her cheek!!

peachypink-albums-kc-picture23346-ec4795f0-d099-4d5e-8c57-f26e5dec8ff7.jpeg

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots
Lola-Mexican Red Headed Amazon
She did a lot of testing of my fingers today. I hold my hand out to her, low, and ask if she wants scratches. When she came over, I could tell she wasn't being aggressive, just curious, and she put her beak on my finger. Didn't bite hard at all. It didn't seem like she was even biting, more like testing and feeling. She let me rub her cheek too so I think she was just being curious.

And then I put a new soft perch spiral in her cage and now she's being a little feisty. Not a lot of difference in her demeanor but I can tell its just a little. I had let it sit beside her cage for a bout a week before putting it in there. She's moving it around with her beak but not getting on it yet. I know she has had one before. she's not treating like its radioactive at least.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
All sounds wonderful! At her her comfort, she will continue to test and move a bit closer, it's all about her schedule.

Remember that at some point, an error will occur. Use lots of 'I'm so very sorry,' and step back and start-over.

Assure you are keeping that journey as you will be amazed a year from now as to how far you two have come!

Most Reactions