Kelly

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
So Kelly has been masturbating like crazy in his cage lately. I've cut him back on lots of food and light etc. It has reduced slightly but every morning I wake up to him making those sounds:52: I took him out yesterday and he was dragging his one leg slightly. I'm pretty sure he pulled a muscle getting it on with his perches:rolleyes:

He fell asleep while I was watching TV last night. Then, he gave me the look when I woke him up on accident:54:

Oh boy! Must be something in the air, Victoria, because my Hunter (hen) has been doing much of the same (day in....day out)! She's been 'having it so bad' that Sam has picked up on the 'pleasure' sound. :11: NO fun, I tell you, NO fun at all (for me). Even though she hasn't 'pulled' a muscle yet, she's been rubbing on object so much that her feathers on part of her chest look rather unsettled. :54:

OH, speaking of Kelly: Weren't you going to put him in a Cupid costume and take a picture for our POTM contest? :D With what he's been up to, it would be SOOOO appropriate. LMAO!

There's a vet conversation we all want to have!

"Hi. I'm calling because my bird seems to have injured himself masterbating..."

"Yes, umm... well... he seems to have pulled a muscle, and I found a really bad rope burn on his crotch... "

"Well, he's a little bit tired at the moment... but other than that he seems perfectly content. In fact, he's seems to be smiling a lot more today. Less grouchy than he's been the past few weeks..."

:D

Well, the thing that makes it funny is that I can see myself having to actually HAVE that conversation with a vet some day...

"YEAH, HE WAS GOING AT IT PRETTY HARD. IN FACT, THERE WAS ENOUGH SMOKE COMING OFF THE BOING TO SET OFF THE SMOKE DETECTOR." :eek:

"yes, umm... Well... He seems to have pulled a muscle, and i found a really bad rope burn on his crotch... "

:d

"what's that? You want me to rub a little antibacterial cream on his crotch?!
No sir! This time of year i'm not sure that's a good idea. He's overbonded enough as it is... "

Its "Spring" here too [ and its only February !!!].

I don't care what you say. The girls are worse than the guys.

BTW. Cut back on seeds and nuts for Kelly. Cut out the high fat stuff and feed loads of greens and sprouts. I even cut back on pellets , more low fat and fresh veggies. This works fairly well for males. More so than hens. Adding a humidifier and less chew toys will help also. Just an old.man's .02 worth. It's mother nature and it hard for us to change that.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back