Kiwi’s new chapter

Darbi

Feb 14, 2022
Parrots
Peach faced
kiwi is a peach faced around 7 years old, he lost his partner this week and understandably has been acting unusual not wanting to go home staying out for a while but is eating well. I read that I need to get him a new partner as soon as I can but the problem is that him and his old partner were living with two females, so should I give them more time together until one of the females decide to stick with kiwi or just get him a new partner. I don’t want kiwi to stay alone neither do I want one of the females to stay alone.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I think it might be a good idea to get a partner, but remember that he/she will need to isolate for at least a month in a totally different room before meeting the rest of the flock, and then there's the risk that he rejects her.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Birds definitely do griev.

But as for your question I'm afraid i don't know the best answer. I know we recently had a member join with a lot of love burd experience. Hopefully they will see your thread and advise.

But I hope you will stick around and join in.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Birds definitely do griev.

But as for your question I'm afraid i don't know the best answer. I know we recently had a member join with a lot of love burd experience. Hopefully they will see your thread and advise.

But I hope you will stick around and join in.
yes, we'll wait for the other lovies owners to come and help, as they will give much better advice! :)

Most Reactions