Laura's Flock Thread

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ta-dah mommy and me time. She saying I love you so much. I'm trying to record it...as soon as turn on video she clams up!
20220422_205142.jpg

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Does ta-dah look and act shocked when the popsicle is really cold? Lucy always looked shocked after a taste of popsicle or frozen banana and then sat still, moving and feeling her beak.

She also begged for ice cream, but I found it gave her an upset tummy.

This will be the first public summer I’ve had Willow. He has not experienced popsicles yet, most likely. And I suppose he doesn’t really NEED to but if I am having one, he will be insulted if I don’t share. I suppose frozen banana or frozen fruit pops would be excusable.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Squawking update! Whew!! Its nerve grinding loud around here!

Pikachu and Pheobe are highly hormonal. Have taken their relationship to friends with benefits!!! And they are practicing those benefits a lot! With lots if screaming...like most of the day. They fly to the ceiling fan so as not to be disturbed....they only take a few breaks to visit me and refueling before back at it....
3 days in.....I'm hoping this will wane soon...or I'm going to have to get creative.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Well, at least you don’t have to worry about baby birds. I’m sure you’ve thought of cutting back their daylight hours.

Three Quaker Parakeets must get awfully loud.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Well, at least you don’t have to worry about baby birds. I’m sure you’ve thought of cutting back their daylight hours.

I am kind of glad I only have one. Willow is sitting on his basket now, preening and being quite happy with random kisses on his head. I’m sure he’ll grind on his perch later but that doesn’t hurt me any.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Today was way less squawking loud. Thank goodness! The hormones seem to be waning! They spent more time with me and on activities and foraging

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Does ta-dah look and act shocked when the popsicle is really cold? Lucy always looked shocked after a taste of popsicle or frozen banana and then sat still, moving and feeling her beak.

She also begged for ice cream, but I found it gave her an upset tummy.

This will be the first public summer I’ve had Willow. He has not experienced popsicles yet, most likely. And I suppose he doesn’t really NEED to but if I am having one, he will be insulted if I don’t share. I suppose frozen banana or frozen fruit pops would be excusable.
Nope she just wants MORE!! Lol its organic mango(?) Something fancy my best friend had delivered to help with my nausea and vomiting from kidney stuff, in grocery store care package. Was yummy ! Life is better with best friends πŸ’“ both birdies and people !

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

Soooo LOUD! Just quakers happy noise is loud...but the screaming cycles no fun...breeding season is rough every year....but otherwise I mostly don't have screaming sessions..well except for morning sun salutations

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
The popsicle is funny I must say. I can't remember the last time I ate alone. I have to put both of my parrots in the their cage, and close their doors, and make sure their latched. Not to mention I better find some ear plugs. They are scavengers! They always want to "share". I know better then to eat in front of my birds. I'm going to have to hide in my bathroom to eat eventually lol. They follow me everywhere.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hormonal screaming and love making has past!!!
Things are back to normal ! They are sitting a d cuddling with me currently. Blessed quiet

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
The popsicle is funny I must say. I can't remember the last time I ate alone. I have to put both of my parrots in the their cage, and close their doors, and make sure their latched. Not to mention I better find some ear plugs. They are scavengers! They always want to "share". I know better then to eat in front of my birds. I'm going to have to hide in my bathroom to eat eventually lol. They follow me everywhere.
So true!!!! :D

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welp Phoebe and Pikachu are back at ceiling fan screaming...a majority of the day...and love making and its hard to take let me tell you!

I have to get a broom to make them leave the 20 foot ceiling fan perch....ugh

Got to work on foraging...possibly alternate their time out of cage for awhile.. maybe some training or other distraction

The ups and downs of flock life

Most Reactions