Laura's Flock Thread

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I was trying to get pictures of Pikachu blue eyes abd giving her kisses, so Phoebe kept creeping closer so she could get kisses. And give kisses
20220420_121951.jpg

Leaning down for kiss
20220420_121929.jpg

FOMO on kisses
20220420_122200.jpg

Ta-dah also gets millions of kisses.....I'm worried thst maybe I should be embarrassed with all the kissing going on over here!

Last edited:

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I was trying to get pictures of Pikachu blue eyes abd giving her kisses, so Phoebe kept creeping closer so she could get kisses. And give kisses
View attachment 39012
Leaning down for kiss
View attachment 39013
FOMO on kisses
View attachment 39014
Ta-dah also gets millions of kisses.....I'm worried thst maybe I should be embarrassed with all the kissing going on over here!
Loving the beautiful yellow and cream scaling on her breast!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Oh MY GOLLY!!! this is his facial expression and self and just HIM! WOW! I am gobsmacked! ❤️😍❤️🥰❤️😍❤️ Look at that little suspicious face!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Oh MY GOLLY!!! this is his facial expression and self and just HIM! WOW! I am gobsmacked! ❤️😍❤️🥰❤️😍❤️ Look at that little suspicious face!
Have you heard the expression “giving someone the hairy eyeball”? Do you think it applies to birds? He’s (metaphorically) got his eye on you, all right.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
There are so many artistic people on this forum that do a wonderful job with painting, drawing, doodling, and so on. We need funny meme's :ROFLMAO:
Agreed! I've been thinking about creating some bird memes! I have the perfect cartoony style for it.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Agreed! I've been thinking about creating some bird memes! I have the perfect cartoony style for it.
I’ve found some books for learning to draw cartoon (rather than realistic) birds.

The first is called “How to Draw Cartoon Birds” by Kelly and Curt Visca. I don’t like this one very much. The birds are way too simplified and not cute or realistic looking. Just kid-style goofy.

The second book is “Cartoon Cute Animals: How to Draw the Most Irresistible Creatures on the Planet” by Christopher Hart. It’s mostly about drawing mammals with some other critters and several birds stuck in near the end. BUT, this book has an introductory section about the basics of cartooning and tips for how to make your cartoon animals look more appealing; I.e., cute. And more drawing tips are scattered through the book in the non bird sections, too.

I am pretty comfortable drawing realistic looking birds but not very familiar with cartooning or solving the drawing problems of an anthropomorphic bird. So I found this book helpful even though it is also a kid’s book.

Both of these were at my public library. I also found “Chicken Thoughts” by Sarah Wymer. I’ve enjoyed the comics and am looking through them to see how she stylized her bird characters. I like that her birds look more real than those in these two drawing instruction books, but I also am glad to see the tricks and techniques shown in “Cartoon cute animals”.

I’m sure there are other “how to draw cartoon animal” books but these are what I found at my library. I got ideas and hints for changing or emphasizing certain features to make the bird look cute, like making eyes bigger or neck shorter, etc. that’s the part of cartooning that I don’t just naturally know.

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I’ve found some books for learning to draw cartoon (rather than realistic) birds.

The first is called “How to Draw Cartoon Birds” by Kelly and Curt Visca. I don’t like this one very much. The birds are way too simplified and not cute or realistic looking. Just kid-style goofy.

The second book is “Cartoon Cute Animals: How to Draw the Most Irresistible Creatures on the Planet” by Christopher Hart. It’s mostly about drawing mammals with some other critters and several birds stuck in near the end. BUT, this book has an introductory section about the basics of cartooning and tips for how to make your cartoon animals look more appealing; I.e., cute. And more drawing tips are scattered through the book in the non bird sections, too.

I am pretty comfortable drawing realistic looking birds but not very familiar with cartooning or solving the drawing problems of an anthropomorphic bird. So I found this book helpful even though it is also a kid’s book.

Both of these were at my public library. I also found “Chicken Thoughts” by Sarah Wymer. I’ve enjoyed the comics and am looking through them to see how she stylized her bird characters. I like that her birds look more real than those in these two drawing instruction books, but I also am glad to see the tricks and techniques shown in “Cartoon cute animals”.

I’m sure there are other “how to draw cartoon animal” books but these are what I found at my library.
I think my style is overly cartoony lol(also sorry for hijacking your thread Laura)
1650624357133.png
1650624423765.png

(Edit I just realized John's(green budgie) cere is too dark.. must be a glitch)
1650624455314.png

(top image is siggy I made for Laura of her flock)

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I'm trying to put it in my signature..
Ugh I can't figure put how....I need help
Try copying image address and pasting into "insert image/photo"? (I accidentally told you to put it into add media)

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I think it worked?
Thank you Pip
Why can't I see signatures on the phone? Is that a phone thing or have I done some setting changes?

Most Reactions

Latest posts