Laura's Flock Thread

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welp Phoebe and Pikachu are back at ceiling fan screaming...a majority of the day...and love making and its hard to take let me tell you!

I have to get a broom to make them leave the 20 foot ceiling fan perch....ugh

Got to work on foraging...possibly alternate their time out of cage for awhile.. maybe some training or other distraction

The ups and downs of flock life

Yay an update! Boo ceiling love fest!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
ugh understatement! I've never had to deal with 2 continously screaming before...its taxing my patience...and I'm known for having lots of patience...
Its continous unless I interrupt them....hours....I get a few minutes after I chace them away...then they go back out of reach on that darn fan! I've bern wanting to replace it with a light fir a long time..I never use it it ever

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
postive note we had roasted acorn squash for dinner we all loved it. Then I gave them the squash seeds . Fun but messy slippery . Lol I normally roast the seeds but I gave them fresh tonight

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
postive note we had roasted acorn squash for dinner we all loved it. Then I gave them the squash seeds . Fun but messy slippery . Lol I normally roast the seeds but I gave them fresh tonight
That sounds delicious for all!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I saw a friend post a cheeky reference elsewhere - and it immediately made me want to ask you how Hot Girl Summer is going in your household 😝😆🐦🐤💞

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Too funny
More like girls gone wild!

Right now all the girls are chilling with me. I'm handing out pellets. Hee hee they think they treats cuz mommy gave them to them !! And tgey fixing my hair

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So many kisses after being gone all day! Its how things usually are when I'm posting. A rotation of who gets kisses, Ta-dah and Penny also rotate through. And sweet Cloudy lands on my head and chirps at me. Ah now abandoned as they search for pellet crumbs. Have to break out the vacuum but was worth it to have them loudly crunching those pellets! Makes up for those screaming days too!
20220506_160723~3.jpg

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
So many kisses after being gone all day! Its how things usually are when I'm posting. A rotation of who gets kisses, Ta-dah and Penny also rotate through. And sweet Cloudy lands on my head and chirps at me. Ah now abandoned as they search for pellet crumbs. Have to break out the vacuum but was worth it to have them loudly crunching those pellets! Makes up for those screaming days too!
View attachment 39634
So much love in this pic! Pikachu is just being cute, Phoebe is just trying to preen you, and Penny is waiting for her turn to get love :) All of you guys look so beautiful in this pic.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
It is so common that when new things show-up someone has to risk their life to test it and when found to be kind of safe, the others will jump in as if it was always Okay!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It was so fun to observe. She would bend back and pop up. Course I'm laughing so she played it up! I wish you all could have seen her be d over backwards was crazy! I didn't know they could bend that . Its a prairie woman bowl, so pretty I'm glad they are enjoying it after I broke my last big bowl

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I think Penny has the sweetest face ! And she is a real sweet girl ❤
Plus extra happy because she just ate tomatoes her favorite food

Last edited:

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think Penny has the sweetest face ! And she is a real sweet girl ❤
Plus extra happy because she just ate tomatoes her favorite food
She looks a bit like Lucy, except Lucy did not have a left eye. She does indeed have a sweet expression.

I think the yellow contrasting with the green and blue is very pretty in the wild type green Quakers. The blue Quaker is striking but only has the blue and white shades.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Phoebe never poops on me she did this late afternoon ..I was like h.mm.

Then I put them up fir the night and later I'm walking by and Phoebe is in her food dish wings out shaking! I talk to her and she gives me love noises. So I like dang....going be an egg... because of her highly Hormonal season and making out with Pikachu..so I half covered her Cage and used all my will power to leave her in privacy.

Its just starting to storm ...so I casually walk by her cage. Egg in food bowl abandoned. I pulled it.

20220520_194153.jpg

Most Reactions