Lincoln and I haven't been getting along...

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
instead of floor far end of the couch...same thing, a short time out so they don't forget why... and can come back....the point is bad place but can go back to the heavenly good place of being on my owner ....now that I know I did a bad thing.

I think the cage should always be reserved as the safe spot, the home spot so I don't think I was painting with a wide brush, a bird may like or dislike a cage but for time out method I think a "transitory" spot, not an end, or beginning point is best so the bird chooses to go to the owner...

so there! basically we said the same thing but the cage should not be a punishment zone.....IMO. A different arm of the couch is fine, the bird journeying back to you and thinking..."why am I here" that's what makes it stick.

Last edited:

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
to kentuckienne thats why I like the floor, they can walk back and as they walk back they have to think about what they did....why they are walking back. Thats why I always put "something they can leave or walk or fly away from"...the whole point is the journey back...thats what makes them figure it out, not the isolation or shunning, its the travel back to the scene of the crime.

Then they are all sweetness and candy canes

I'd like to add that this floor timeouts seem to be working for me and my large footed Nanday, Finley. I had been trying other methods for weeks and nothing... biting was getting wosre and worse. Now I'm really feeling like he's getting it. Ofc there is a wayward poop on the floor here and there but it's worth it! Hope this helps.

Most Reactions

Latest posts