Lixit Crock Replacement Brackets

Nichole

Aug 10, 2011
Hello,
Wondering if anyone has ever bought just the replacement brackets for the Lixit Crock type bowls. I have found that these are just about the best but as parrots go, they eventually figure out how to pull the bowl off and break the bracket. So I have a bunch of bowls and few brackets. I hate to keep buying the whole thing - don't really need more bowls. I just can't seem to find if its possible to buy just the replacements.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Nichole

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
If they figured out on how to remove the bowls maybe its time to change to the locking bowls instead. And unfortunately they don't just sell the bracket part, you have to buy the whole thing as a set. I ran into the problem too when a few of the brackets broke from my birds messing with them. Here's a site with locking dishes for you to look at. https://www.windycityparrot.com/mobile/home.asp?#homeSubCat_13_1

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if you can just purchase the brackets? I am sure you are not the only customer who has had this problem.

OP
N

Nichole

Aug 10, 2011
MikeyTN - thank you for the link. I'm not sure I can tell how these are locking though. Do you have these? is the only way to get the bowl on/off by unscrewing that cap from the outside? It looks like the bowl and the threaded end are all one piece?? Tried googling other images but can't tell how these actually work.

@Merlee - I did email the manufacturer. waiting on a response.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
The one I'm talking about is the locking stainless steel dishes, it have little bulge on either side of the bowl where it locks into the holder. I don't have them but I was playing with them at the bird fair. IF I remember right there's two parts of the holder on either end where the bulge part would go into and you have to turn it I think? It locks it in so they can't remove the dish. I always look at the new gizmos at the bird fair when I'm there. To me it would lock in the dishes pretty good so they will not be able to remove them.

OP
N

Nichole

Aug 10, 2011
Ahh yes, i've been looking for those. My fear is - they tend to break the weld on all the other stainless dishes I've had. I bought some with the bolt on the bottom to put through a perch and within an hour the dish was separated from the base. I may give these a whirl though - thank you!.

Most Reactions

Latest posts