Long, hard, sad day.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
oooh dani!! i just read about phoenix!!! im so sorry you had to go through that. my thoughts are with you. sending you a big hug!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Thank you everyone.

Our flock has seen several deaths this last year. Each time when we find the cause I know it wasn't something I could have prevented, but the burden is still there. I KNOW the level of care I give my birds, but somehow each time I lose one it feels like I killed them personally. Phoenix is gone, but she won't be forgotten.
Please don't feel as if you caused there death. Things happen that are out of your control. Sending many hugs your way.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Dani, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Phoenix. I know how hard you worked to improve her life and I know Phoenix was fully aware of how much she was loved. It's so sweet that you and her former owner were both with her to say goodby, I'm sure she was comforted by your presence. I wish I could hug you, I know how much it hurts. You're in my thoughts.

Fly Free, Phoenix. You will be remembered, Beautiful Girl.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm very sorry for your loss, Dani. You gave Phoenix the very best of care and love.

Sooze

Sep 1, 2015
NJ
Parrots
2 Suns
1 BFA
:( She's free from any discomfort now. I'm terribly sorry to hear of your Ekie's passing

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I'm so sorry Dani. My hearts just breaking for you. :smile016: :smile014:

Most Reactions

Latest posts