Looking for an Alexandrine near Leesburg, Florida

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
I am looking for an alexandrine breeder in Florida. I live in Leesburg,FL which is close to the Orlando area. Must take paypal or credit cards.Male or female. Must be handfed. I also must be able to visit if not in breeders home, somewhere convenient for both for me to get acquainted with the bird. PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PARROT RESCUES AS THEY DO NOT APPROVE OF APARTMENTS FOR ANY PARROTS. THERE ARE TWO RESCUES NEAR ME AND THEY REJECTED ME BECAUSE I LIVE IN AN APT OR PERHAPS AGE DISCRIMINATION OR BOTH.I have a 26 yr old senecal parrot and have had no complaints from residents.I purchased him 26 yrs ago from a pet store and he can be quite noisy at times.IF YOU KNOW OF A REPUTABLE ALEXANDRINE BREEDER I MAY CONTACT,PLEASE MENTION HERE.Thank you.williampatte.

OP
W

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
I am looking for an alexandrine breeder in Florida. I live in Leesburg,FL which is close to the Orlando area. Must take paypal or credit cards.Male or female. Must be handfed. I also must be able to visit if not in breeders home, somewhere convenient for both for me to get acquainted with the bird. PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PARROT RESCUES AS THEY DO NOT APPROVE OF APARTMENTS FOR ANY PARROTS. THERE ARE TWO RESCUES NEAR ME AND THEY REJECTED ME BECAUSE I LIVE IN AN APT OR PERHAPS AGE DISCRIMINATION OR BOTH.I have a 26 yr old senecal parrot and have had no complaints from residents.I purchased him 26 yrs ago from a pet store and he can be quite noisy at times.IF YOU KNOW OF A REPUTABLE ALEXANDRINE BREEDER I MAY CONTACT,PLEASE MENTION HERE.Thank you.williampatte.
I checked out CP BIRDS in Orlando,FL.They do not allow anyone at their aviary.A person purchases a parrot online and then picks up the bird at a pre-approved location from a rep.AGAIN,WHY ADOPT WITHOUT SEEING THE BIRD FIRST,MAKING SURE OF A GOOD FIT??? I wrote to them about this as they have many Ringnecks available for sale.CP BIRDS LONGWOOD,FL.AM I WRONG???? Williampatte.

OP
W

williampatte

Nov 30, 2022
I have been accused of attacking and calling someone names. I only said shame on a person who believes just like Parrot rescues that Elderly people should not adopt Parrots.It was said by this person that Parrots get some kind of depression or mental illness when their owner passes away.I have never heard of this and asked for proof by a licensed Avian Vet. If this is attacking,I do not understand how.Anyway,if Parrots do get depression and mental illness,how come in classified ads and Hoobly,there are many owners of parrots rehoming them due to moving away,or not enough time anymore to take care of the parrot? I have known about many parrot owners passing away and I have not heard of any such problem after a parrot has been rehomed. I have answered ads relating to parrots being rehomed,but many were to far for me from Leesburg for visitation or meeting half way.There has been too much discrimination in this country,and for any Parrot rescue to disqualify any senior citizen or elderly person from adoption of any parrot is absolutely wrong and should be reported,which I have done.But the problem is proof as the rescues hide behind no parrots can live in apartments which again is so ridiculous.I have adopted over the years Rescue dogs.I have one now.It took me less than a week to be accepted.They did a home check and called my vet as a reference.I had my Max in less than a week and I am a SENIOR CITIZEN.No asking me about walking the dog every day,several times a day,nor all the duties one has in taking care of a dog as a SENIOR CITIZEN. Dogs require more care than a parrot with walking every day no matter the weather.I walk him 1/2 -1 mile every single day.After an application is made out to a parrot rescue,you are not in contention if you are a senior citizen or have an apt.All this baloney about mental illness and depression of a parrot is pure nonsense.Max was abandoned and picked up by a rescue.If any animal would be depressed,it would be him,but when Max was brought to me by the rescue,I saw no depression at all. I am setting the record straight and if others still believe I made a personal attack or called a person names,I still do not understand where.williampatte.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions