Looking for Hahns macaw breeders/ Ontario

Brenda V

New member
Joined
Apr 3, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a hahns macaw here in Ontario. I'd like to get a baby but it's been difficult to find any.
Any info about breeders would be much appreciated.
 
Welcome and be welcomed.

As an aside, have you had macaw experience before? Or with any parrot?
 
Welcome and be welcomed.

As an aside, have you had macaw experience before? Or with any parrot?
Thank you!!
Yes, I had a conure in the past. And I'm always doing my research before getting into anything.
 
Thank you!!
Yes, I had a conure in the past. And I'm always doing my research before getting into anything.
Hahns macaws do make good pets but it would really help getting to know some before jumping in. They are pretty fierce and know very well what they want and can be very stubborn about it. They love to climb on things and like to chew up and tear stuff up when given the opportunity.
 
Looking for baby Hahns Macaw in southern Ontario. Had a blue and gold who recently passed away. Also have a Senegal and Meyers Parrot
 
Be aware as adults they can be real noisy, they are prone to pair bonding behaviour, nippiness and nervousness, not easy birds if you dont know what you are doing. Amazons for example tend to be much hardier/less nervous. Hope you get sone experience with adults before jumping in
 
I have experience with a Blue and Gold Macaw which I had for 35 years. I also have 2 other Parrots. Hans would be no issue for me whatsoever
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom