Looking to rehome my conure.

May 26, 2024
Mead, Oklahoma
Parrots
I have a 4-year-old male green cheek conure named IguazĆŗ.

Iā€™ve had 1 other green cheek conure and TONS of budgies over the years.
IguazĆŗ is my male green cheek conure. I adopted him from a breeder about 4 years ago (Lauraā€™s Little Parrots in Fort Worth, Texas). Long story short, my husband and I recently moved into an RV. Weā€™re having a house built. Although weā€™ve chosen not to travel in the RV during this time (the next 3 to 5 years), it has still been challenging for me to continue caring for IguazĆŗ. I can no longer meet his advanced needs, such as allowing him time outside of his cage or providing fresh fruits and veggies every day. His behavior is also very different than it was prior to the move, making it even harder to work with him. Heā€™s more aggressive and seldom lets me remove him from his cage. Iā€™m the only person that he lets handle him, but I canā€™t enter his cage without him trying to attack or bite my hand. Heā€™s destructive. Heā€™s louder, which my husband can no longer deal with. It hurts me to see how miserable IguazĆŗ is since moving into the RV. I donā€™t want him to continue living like this, and it would be selfish of me to keep him in these conditions for the next 3 to 5 years. This is why Iā€™ve made the hard decision to rehome him. Weā€™re located in Mead, Oklahoma.

Iā€™ve also got a flight cage and play stand available that I had to put into storage. The hardware needs replaced for both. Moisture got into the bag, so itā€™s all rusted. Easy to replace, though. Other than that, the cage and play stand are in great condition. Everything thatā€™s his, stays with him unless you donā€™t want it. Rehoming fee with all of his belongings is $600.

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3220.jpeg
    IMG_3220.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0339.png
    IMG_0339.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0340.png
    IMG_0340.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 11
Oooooooooooooooohhh...
I don't mean to be a Debbie-Downer, buttttttttttttttttttttt...
PLEASE, ight you find some way to keep the bird? Endure things until you finish the home... just endure his behavior, knowing you're saving him from who knows what? I have had an ll-tempered, aggressive, loud, precious, wild, hilarious conure for 40 years. He has been a pretty constant aggravation, but also my touchstone. I had him through college, work, and now retirement, and I can't imagine anybody but me giving him the love and life that I have.
If you must rehome, I wish you and the bird all good luck.

Oooooooooooooooohhh...
I don't mean to be a Debbie-Downer, buttttttttttttttttttttt...
PLEASE, ight you find some way to keep the bird? Endure things until you finish the home... just endure his behavior, knowing you're saving him from who knows what? I have had an ll-tempered, aggressive, loud, precious, wild, hilarious conure for 40 years. He has been a pretty constant aggravation, but also my touchstone. I had him through college, work, and now retirement, and I can't imagine anybody but me giving him the love and life that I have.
If you must rehome, I wish you and the bird all good luck.
To clarify, itā€™s not his behavior that I find problematic. In fact, heā€™s not a problem at all. At least not for me. Iā€™m seeking to rehome him because heā€™s miserable, which is why heā€™s becoming more aggressive. I canā€™t let him out of his cage much. Itā€™s not safe and I canā€™t make it any safer for him. And since my husband works from home a lot, he keeps him covered for hours during the day in order to quiet him. I donā€™t like it. Itā€™s so upsetting to me, but my options are limited. Believe me, Iā€™d love to keep him. I have such grand plans for once our house is built. I want to also built an aviary/greenhouse for him and a potential flock mate or two, but it could be at most 5 years before weā€™re out of the RV. Imagine being covered during the day for 5 years and never being let outā€¦like, it makes me want to cry.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back