Hello Everyone! I currently live in a city that is under occupation, and because of the ongoing shelling, I do not have the possibility to leave the city. All of the avian veterinarians in my city have left, so unfortunately there is currently no avian vet who can examine my budgie or help me here.
It is very difficult for me to write this post. I am extremely worried because, despite the fact that he is active, eating normally, and behaving like himself, I am afraid that the change in his cere could mean that something serious is happening inside his body.
My budgie is 6 years and 7 months old. He was sold to me as a male, so I have always believed that he is a boy. He eats regular budgie food, as well as fruits and vegetables. I also give him bottled water — the same bottled water that I drink myself. As recently as August, his cere was still a very light, soft, delicate sky-blue color. Now it has changed and become brown. Apart from his cere, he looks exactly the same as before. He is active, he eats normally, and his behavior has not changed. I have not noticed anything else unusual about him. The only thing that looks different to me is his cere. I am honestly desperate. I don't know what I am supposed to do or how I can help him when I don't even know what is happening to him. And right now, I am in a situation where I don't even know how to keep myself safe, so feeling helpless about my bird is especially painful...
I am not expecting anyone online to diagnose him. I just desperately want to understand what could possibly be happening and, if there is anything I can do for him under these circumstances, what that might be.
I am attaching photographs from different periods of his life, including photos from when he was younger, when he was an adult, and recent photos. I hope the attached photos will somehow help and allow you to see how his cere has changed over time.
Even an approximate idea of what this change could mean would help me enormously. I would be grateful for any answer, opinion, or advice you can give me.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for any help.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advice you can give me.
It is very difficult for me to write this post. I am extremely worried because, despite the fact that he is active, eating normally, and behaving like himself, I am afraid that the change in his cere could mean that something serious is happening inside his body.
My budgie is 6 years and 7 months old. He was sold to me as a male, so I have always believed that he is a boy. He eats regular budgie food, as well as fruits and vegetables. I also give him bottled water — the same bottled water that I drink myself. As recently as August, his cere was still a very light, soft, delicate sky-blue color. Now it has changed and become brown. Apart from his cere, he looks exactly the same as before. He is active, he eats normally, and his behavior has not changed. I have not noticed anything else unusual about him. The only thing that looks different to me is his cere. I am honestly desperate. I don't know what I am supposed to do or how I can help him when I don't even know what is happening to him. And right now, I am in a situation where I don't even know how to keep myself safe, so feeling helpless about my bird is especially painful...
I am not expecting anyone online to diagnose him. I just desperately want to understand what could possibly be happening and, if there is anything I can do for him under these circumstances, what that might be.
I am attaching photographs from different periods of his life, including photos from when he was younger, when he was an adult, and recent photos. I hope the attached photos will somehow help and allow you to see how his cere has changed over time.
Even an approximate idea of what this change could mean would help me enormously. I would be grateful for any answer, opinion, or advice you can give me.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for any help.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any advice you can give me.







