LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I would love to enter this egg photo officially, but it was sent to me by the Rb's breeder almost 40 years ago. I do THINK it's the real Rb, but I'm just not sure, so it has to be a JustForFun post, dang it.

About a third the size of a regular chicken egg...

pwDcVWF.jpg

Already cute, though, right? Right!

Oh chuckle, snortle, schnicker and tee hee!!:D How absolutely darling, an eggspectant Rickeybird pic, and he even had speckledy freckles back then too! What sheer delight!

Thank you, Aunty G, but don't forget that this contest is open to babies of all ages and stages, so there's still plenty of scope for that "official" entry, nudge nudge, wink wink, hint hint :05:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I would love to enter this egg photo officially, but it was sent to me by the Rb's breeder almost 40 years ago. I do THINK it's the real Rb, but I'm just not sure, so it has to be a JustForFun post, dang it.

About a third the size of a regular chicken egg...

pwDcVWF.jpg

Already cute, though, right? Right!

Rb in vitro? That's a treasured pic and I choose to believe it so!

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
And Bummy’s official entry. Look at her little pink beaksie! Parrotlets start out like that and as they get a little older it turns, well I don’t know how to describe the color but not pink. [emoji170] She still occasionally uses these link as perches.

889886fd7b4a1f39d4b02d8e610caf07.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bummy is so small and adorable Inger :). One of Ellie's toys is hanging just like this and that ring is smaller than her head lol:D. I can't imagine a baby so small! Lovely entry.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Just for fun...

Tucker is DEFINITELY my baby! It's a rare occasion for vocalizations while I'm watching, let alone right up to me, and with the phone handy, otherwise, this is pretty classic Tucker-Daddy time in the evening :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tUS0syU_NA"]Tucker snuggly silly boy - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Just for fun...

Tucker is DEFINITELY my baby! It's a rare occasion for vocalizations while I'm watching, let alone right up to me, and with the phone handy, otherwise, this is pretty classic Tucker-Daddy time in the evening :)

Tucker snuggly silly boy - YouTube

Well that's some Academy Award winning cuteness from the endlessly loveable Tucker and some pretty endearing goofiness from his Dad right there!! Tucker sure is a charmer! :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Just for fun...

A phenomenal bond, particularly impressive getting it on video!

sherylb

Jul 21, 2018
Media
Utah
Parrots
Kiwi the Quaker
Jack the IRN
Finley the BF Amazon
My sweet Finley. Was sooo cute. I took him home at 15 weeks. He is now 1.5 yr old and still my sweetie!

26021d1616549701-march-2021-potm-contest-img_6625.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6625.jpg
    IMG_6625.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
My sweet Finley. Was sooo cute. I took him home at 15 weeks. He is now 1.5 yr old and still my sweetie!

Oh. My. Goodness! Finley is totally adorable! What a precious baby, I love this pic so much :D Thank you for your entry, sherylb!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Totally cute, you can tell he was a complete but very juvenile Amazon!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Aaawwwwwwwwwwww!!!! SOOOO MUCH CUTENESS!!!!!

Here's a couple pics of baby Trigger, just for fun!

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-trigger-picture23359-baby-trigger.jpg

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-trigger-picture23362-baby-trigger-his-brothers.jpg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Oooooh just look at those big, dark, baby eyes, I'm melting over here!:smile015: Thank you for this morning dose of cuteness, Squeekmouse! :D

Erwin_Humus

Mar 19, 2021
London, UK
Parrots
2 Cockatiels
Erwin - the female. She was rescued in September 2019 and is the most gentle creature I ever met.

Humus-Caratacus - the male. He was rescued in March 2020 and is the most curious yellow

He is so adorable!!!

:grey: :yellow1:

Erwin_Humus

Mar 19, 2021
London, UK
Parrots
2 Cockatiels
Erwin - the female. She was rescued in September 2019 and is the most gentle creature I ever met.

Humus-Caratacus - the male. He was rescued in March 2020 and is the most curious yellow

These are some cute little bundles of joy! :p

:grey: :yellow1:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Just for fun...

Oh my word. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thanks Inger! He is pretty special, but I don't think he holds a candle to Bumble in the cuteness department :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
And Bummy’s official entry. Look at her little pink beaksie! Parrotlets start out like that and as they get a little older it turns, well I don’t know how to describe the color but not pink. [emoji170] She still occasionally uses these link as perches.

889886fd7b4a1f39d4b02d8e610caf07.jpeg

Bummy is so small and adorable Inger :). One of Ellie's toys is hanging just like this and that ring is smaller than her head lol:D. I can't imagine a baby so small! Lovely entry.

I mentioned earlier that he Rb has this very same orange toy, and it really shows the Bumlet's true tininess!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Just for fun...

Tucker's playin' the SaxGuy like a sax, I say!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Okay, I'm swept up in the fun... here's an official entry for the Rb.

Before there was a PARROT FORUMS Rickeybird Scrapbook, there was an old-school hard copy scrapbook, dating back to 1984.
CsjWw89.jpg

I believe this is the oldest photo of him. He barely had his "big-boy" feathers, with short tail and stubby wings. Those beady little eyes haven't changed a bit... okay, neither have mine.
RbKJvIm.jpg

Decades later, he and I found the Parrot Forums, and the Scrapbook found an online home.
Thanks for the great contest, Marty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts