LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Okay, I'm swept up in the fun... here's an official entry for the Rb.

Before there was a PARROT FORUMS Rickeybird Scrapbook, there was an old-school hard copy scrapbook, dating back to 1984.
CsjWw89.jpg

I believe this is the oldest photo of him. He barely had his "big-boy" feathers, with short tail and stubby wings. Those beady little eyes haven't changed a bit... okay, neither have mine.
RbKJvIm.jpg

Decades later, he and I found the Parrot Forums, and the Scrapbook found an online home.
Thanks for the great contest, Marty!

Oh my, how completely awesome, thank you SO MUCH for gracing my humble contest with an Official Entry!! Splendid, splendid!! I take it that Figure B is the "official" pic, yes? I could be wrong about that, I am a bit slow!

And you're right, neither of you have changed one bit, you are both every bit as gorgeous as ever. I'm so glad you found PF, and oh my word how lucky are all of us to have found you? :smile015:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Okay, I'm swept up in the fun... here's an official entry for the Rb.

Before there was a PARROT FORUMS Rickeybird Scrapbook, there was an old-school hard copy scrapbook, dating back to 1984.
CsjWw89.jpg

I believe this is the oldest photo of him. He barely had his "big-boy" feathers, with short tail and stubby wings. Those beady little eyes haven't changed a bit... okay, neither have mine.
RbKJvIm.jpg

Decades later, he and I found the Parrot Forums, and the Scrapbook found an online home.
Thanks for the great contest, Marty!

Rb's scrapbook has distinctly 80s vibe. Love it and the timeless pic of you together!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Baby photos of Rickeybird! Now that will be a joy to bring with one while visiting many of his haunts, now a days! :D The joy of have pictures of old! :D

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thanks, my loves. Yes, Martina, the second photo is the entry.
From the days when dinosaurs and baby Rickeybirds roamed the Earth.
I appreciate all the great gnarly 80s vibes, fer sure. It seems like only yesterday that the Rb and I started our journey. I only wish we had found our online 'family' sooner, but... better late than never.
xoxoxo​

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
1d58bf16bdeab660f93d59e45d93004f.jpg

My darling Nohea along with a creamino and a lutino their first time in harnesses! Seems like a lifetime ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thanks, my loves. Yes, Martina, the second photo is the entry.
From the days when dinosaurs and baby Rickeybirds roamed the Earth.
I appreciate all the great gnarly 80s vibes, fer sure. It seems like only yesterday that the Rb and I started our journey. I only wish we had found our online 'family' sooner, but... better late than never.
xoxoxo​

Awesome, Aunty G, thank you! :D

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

My darling Nohea along with a creamino and a lutino their first time in harnesses! Seems like a lifetime ago!

Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Such sweet babies, and what a delight it is to see you back, SilverSage, you have most certainly been missed around here! Thank you for this beautiful entry! :D

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Thank you! It’s good to be back! The pic above is my official entry but just for fun here’s a snap of my current babies
ef910494066b2fe157fd815bbf17ffb3.jpg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you! It’s good to be back! The pic above is my official entry but just for fun here’s a snap of my current babies

Oh wow, total adorableness x 4!!! And that glorious COLOUR! You sure do breed 'em beautiful at your place, Dani :)

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
They do that by themselves, I just provide the food and toys [emoji23]

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

Very beautiful color!!! What is that color called?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

Such beautiful babies. How great to have c e started training early!!! First yours still allow harness?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots

Such beautiful babies. How great to have c e started training early!!! First yours still allow harness?

Yes :) we start early so they aren’t afraid of them later :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty

Yes :) we start early so they aren’t afraid of them later :)

I wish all breeders would do that! Good for you.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

So gorgeous Dani. Remarkable harness training them so young!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17

They’re gorgeous and I’m so glad you’re back!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Such wonderful entries so far, but we are counting down to the last few days now, everyone! Entries close early morning March 29 US Central time, so keep them coming!

Last edited:

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
My official entry, the next generation of Scomo and Jenny

diC2UFk.jpg

Attachments

• 894D0138-FB81-4F25-9695-B48BB6C5DA6C.jpg
    894D0138-FB81-4F25-9695-B48BB6C5DA6C.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
My official entry, the next generation of Scomo and Jenny

diC2UFk.jpg

Oh my, I don't know what I love more! The big baby eyes, that captivating little face, or the sweet feets!!! Thank you for this darling pic Noah, that is indeed a most beautiful baby! :smile015:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions