Mealtimes for GCC

P

pogoparrot

Hi. I have never had 'mealtimes' for my GCC. He has access to his parrot mix and any fruit/veg throughout the day. I'm reading that people offer chop for breakfast, pellets and then chop for dinner. Is it better to follow more of a mealtime routine. Also, should I be taking food away ovenight?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I just leave Clark's pellets in his bowl. He has a bowl in his cage an one in our man cave.
Birds aren't prone to getting fat but they can be prone to malnutrition and getting lethargic.

Besides your bird is sleeping hopefully un-interrupted all that time and when he/she wakes up will probably need to take a big poop and will be hungry for breakfast.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Know that there is no one way to feed a parrot. Sometimes people do like to follow what they naturally do in the wild, as they will forage at sunrise, then nap, then more foraging around lunch, play and then forage again before sunset. Either way works, I have tried both though I think they do like variety but can also do just fine when being fed once a day.

Most Reactions