Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
What a cutie pie! She looks a lot like a goffins, no? I'm not sure, I just brought home a goffins and she has peach/salmon color under her head/neck feathers. Is a Ducorp's size similar? Purl is also very nicely feathered!

jaimmorr

Jul 21, 2011
USA
Parrots
Ricco - Goffin's Cockatoo
What a cutie pie! She looks a lot like a goffins, no? I'm not sure, I just brought home a goffins and she has peach/salmon color under her head/neck feathers. Is a Ducorp's size similar? Purl is also very nicely feathered!

Ducorp's are a bit bigger than a Goffin's. But yes, Goffin's have a peach/salmon color, while Ducorp's are all white. Ducorp's also have a larger crest. :)

Purl is ADORABLE! And I LOVE her name! Congratulations!

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
She is so beautiful!! Her name fits her perfectly!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Awwww.....I just LOVE Cockatoos.....They're all so adorable..... :)

OP
Purl

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo

Ducorp's are a bit bigger than a Goffin's. But yes, Goffin's have a peach/salmon color, while Ducorp's are all white. Ducorp's also have a larger crest. :)

Purl is ADORABLE! And I LOVE her name! Congratulations!

You must knit...LOL!! She came to me as Pearl..so now she's Purl Rose (after my Mom who's on hospice care..my husband thought this would be nice)

Hmmm..she has salmon peach under her crest..and alittle yellow under her tail feathers. We were told she was a Ducorp by her former owner....do you think she's really a Goffin? Forget it I looked them up..she's not a Goffin..she has no peach on her face only under her crest.

I'm soo excited because a friend lent me a much bigger stainless steel cage and she's having a blast. She has been letting me scratch her head but yesterday she lifted her wing for some scratches there. I'm working on her to step up..if I offer her a pine nut she'll step to try and reach it and I'll move it a little bit away so both feet have to be on my arm..I then let her get off quickly if that's what she wants. I want it to be on her terms with no fear. I'm having a blast with her.

Last edited:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
omg those pictures make me want to pick her up ,sit in my recliner and have a big cuddle session. what a fluffy ball of sweetness. Alison and sweetie pie:D

Most Reactions