Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Juliet was a bandaid to my mental health for 8 years. I was in a bad place when she came into my life, and I didn't realize I funneled literally all of my heart and energy into her. Now that's she's gone, my mental health is back where it was before. I feel like a teenager. They definitely are like any other friend or companion and can't fix anything on their own... I wish I had realized earlier and done the work. Now I'm just suffering without her.
I'm so sorry to hear.. have you considered reaching out and getting help?

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
Wailing and unhinged like I was at the bird store when my BFF budgie died in the employee's hands during a beak trim? I thought I set a record for unhinged in public over a bird! You're okay in this regard, either that or I'll meet you at the asylum!
That's even worse than euthanasia cause its just so unexpected.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
That's even worse than euthanasia cause its just so unexpected.
I think what would be worse than my BFF budgie dying during a beak trim would be if he flew away. I dont know how I would cope with knowing he was lost and confused and starving. Frankly, just thinking about it makes me feel sick with grief.

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
I think what would be worse than my BFF budgie dying during a beak trim would be if he flew away. I dont know how I would cope with knowing he was lost and confused and starving. Frankly, just thinking about it makes me feel sick with grief.
Word!
I hear that.
Let's think about better things.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I know that this may sound bad, but with my parrots if I’m ever crying, or in a bad mood they tend to act up. For an example the other day I was crying because I had bought a used car that was totaled (bent frame). It was hidden, and I found it out by bringing the car to an auto body shop. Nico decided sense I was crying that I needed an Ekkie to scream, and attack my feet. I’m pretty careful if I’m emotional around my parrots. They tend to top whatever emotion I’m having. At least my parrots are that way.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I know that this may sound bad, but with my parrots if I’m ever crying, or in a bad mood they tend to act up. For an example the other day I was crying because I had bought a used car that was totaled (bent frame). It was hidden, and I found it out by bringing the car to an auto body shop. Nico decided sense I was crying that I needed an Ekkie to scream, and attack my feet. I’m pretty careful if I’m emotional around my parrots. They tend to top whatever emotion I’m having. At least my parrots are that way.
I think they just dont know how to respond. I mean, when I see someone crying, I just kinda sit and stare, maybe be like, "Should i give you a hug?" or, "can I do something for you?". NOT TO BE DISRESPECTFUL TO THE PERSON, I just dont know how to react to people being emotional as it is not something I get exposed to in my home or at school, or any social situation

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
My bird has separation anxiety with Andy which is kinda cute but it's really bad because he hates when she's just 10 feet away and Andy has PTSD and Anxiety. Andy doesn't go well with pets and sky's form of pets is just sitting on my shoulder and hoodie and me rubbing my cheek around him lightly. I have to be careful about them outside because it could trigger some bad vibes from Andy's horrors. we have no videos or photos of her getting out of the cage for the first time in her life. I know this is bad but i kinda wish i did so i could send it to the dodo. the dodo is a group of people who share storys of their animals recsue story's

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Yeah everyone is different. For me it both motivates me but also makes it worse
Honestly just hanging out with my birds just gives me a dang break from all the horrors of my lined up signed up on the way to the backseat burger never smart enough never good enough world be call Life. Birds make me happy!, unless im in the middle of math of course...

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Honestly just hanging out with my birds just gives me a dang break from all the horrors of my lined up signed up on the way to the backseat burger never smart enough never good enough world be call Life. Birds make me happy!, unless im in the middle of math of course...
True! I've just been finding it difficult to give my birds the attention they need, since I'm very busy with school and I have been dealing with some issues in my personal life, so it's very difficult for me to manage life and birds at the same time. But I'll get there eventually

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
True! I've just been finding it difficult to give my birds the attention they need, since I'm very busy with school and I have been dealing with some issues in my personal life, so it's very difficult for me to manage life and birds at the same time. But I'll get there eventually
Im glad they fell into your hands:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts