Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
So I'm sure there are several women on here with kids and I'm wondering if any have hints and tips on dealing with morning sickness

I have never had it so badly before and your meant to get it earlier and worse with a girl so fingers crossed
but all day long nausea and a hate of kitchen smells means eating and cooking is becoming very hard and very tiresome

I need some help please
anything appreciated

I think at this stage I'd do a head stand and resight my aphabet backwards if it meant feeling better

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Soda crackers before you get out of bed in the morning helped me, but I didn't have really bad nausea. Ginger helps with ordinary nausea, and may work as well. Flat Coke works well too, although Coke may not be a good idea, nutritionally.

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
Sharon took the words out of my mouth....saltines and ginger ale

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
I had terrible morning sickness with my first pregnancy. I also worked with for OB/GYN docs for many years. One of their recommendations was keeping a glass of Welches Grape juice and crackers next to your bed. As soon as you wake up, take a couple sips of juice, eat 2-3 crackers and take a couple more sips of juice. Wait a few minutes for things to settle and then get up slowly. It really helped me alot! I hope you feel better soon!

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I wish you luck with the crackers and any other remedies you get. I think I tried them all..it's just the way I'm made, if I'm pregnant I yack.

Believe me, I feel your pain! I have 1 daughter and 2 sons and I had morning sickness (actually all day sickness) with all of them. With my daughter and eldest son, I was sick for 9 months, a couple times a week. With my youngest son, I was sick (vomiting) every day, several times each day for 5 months - then it just stopped. I never really found anything that helped. But I did find a couple different foods each pregnancy that I could keep down. Of course it wasn't the same foods with each kid...it was trial and error each time.

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Oh hunny, I'm so sorry. I know what that's like! I had 3 girls and was very ill with all of them in the mornings for the first 4 months and then again my last few weeks of pregnancy. The Saltines and gingerale on my nightstand worked wonders for most days, while I would still get a hint of naseau, it took most of it away. Just like the other ladies have suggested, the very MOMENT you wake up, prop your pillow up behind your head, just enough to be able to drink. Eat a cracker, but eat it VERY slowly, almost nibble on it like a bunny would and then SIP the gingerale the same way, just tiny little sips in between tiny little nibbles, until you've gotten at least 2 crackers down. Then just lie there for a few minutes afterwards and get up slowly.

If you begin to feel some sickness once up, repeat the same thing with another 1/2-1 cracker with the gingerale.

By the way, the gingerale should be room temp, it usually is if you don't ice it down before you go to bed, but just wanted to stress that point too.

Hope you find something that will help you, it really does stink to feel sick.

OP
Pheonix Rising

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Thankyou all so much for your help and advice at the moment I have a huge supply of Ginger beer and even made a few Ginger banana muffins to as I know both of them are good but I just can't seem to eat them
crackers or bread are even worse it seems the plainer the thing is the more nausea I get I can't even smell them without being sick :(

I feel hungry and know my body needs nutriants but anything I eat I can keep down more than half hour
except dinner on a good night

I think what's worse is because of my little one still waking at least once a night and my partner starting work at 5 I get broken sleep and then have to get up asap when little one wakes in morn plus getting older one ready for school I don't have the luxury of lie INS not even 5 mins

Sorry for my winge just need to vent

Really appreciate the advice all and nice to know I'm not Alone in it all

Thanks so much :)

Most Reactions