Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
It has to be Bella my CAG.

When I first saw her at the pet shop my heart broke and I knew I had to take her home.
I knew I was the person to help her heal but the shop had just "got her in" from the original owners.
Because she was new, they wanted to hold on to her for several weeks to make sure she was not ill.
During that wait time I was so afraid they would sell her to someone else.
I was so worried that spending more time in a pet shop would worsen her feather plucking.
That someone else would buy her.

Anyway none of my other birds come close to that.
Perhaps waiting for my first clutch of cockatiels to hatch.
But I am not sure it's the same.

Bella at the pet shop.
AG-1.jpg

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I saw a post about someone waiting to get their second bird (cockatiel) and how excited they are.
It made me think it would be a good topic for discussion.

Getting Lucky was the most surprising.
Walk outside the door (at work) and here is little Lucky sitting in the ivy.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I saw a post about someone waiting to get their second bird (cockatiel) and how excited they are.
It made me think it would be a good topic for discussion.

Getting Lucky was the most surprising.
Walk outside the door (at work) and here is little Lucky sitting in the ivy.
My most anticipated bird "acquisition" was definitely my baby budgie Rocky. She was from an egg laid by two of my budgies one year ago, Buddy and Lilibelle, who are both now unfortunately deceased. Rocky started out as a mere egg, then a mass of red blood vessels, then a heartbeat, then a dark mass with a heartbeat. Finally, a dark mass filled the egg. I didn't know if the mass was a viable chick or a decaying embryo until the morning of November 9, 2022, when picked up the egg to candle it again and I heard Rocky chirping from inside the egg! Six hours later Rocky had escaped from the shell and was squirming around the incubator, blind, naked and helpless! Six hours later I fed her for the first time and was amazed by her healthy appetite. Thus began six weeks of intensive care and feeding and now we have Rocky, our very own full grown BabyBird!

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My most anticipated bird "acquisition" was definitely my baby budgie Rocky. She was from an egg laid by two of my budgies one year ago, Buddy and Lilibelle, who are both now unfortunately deceased. Rocky started out as a mere egg, then a mass of red blood vessels, then a heartbeat, then a dark mass with a heartbeat. Finally, a dark mass filled the egg. I didn't know if the mass was a viable chick or a decaying embryo until the morning of November 9, 2022, when picked up the egg to candle it again and I heard Rocky chirping from inside the egg! Six hours later Rocky had escaped from the shell and was squirming around the incubator, blind, naked and helpless! Six hours later I fed her for the first time and was amazed by her healthy appetite. Thus began six weeks of intensive care and feeding and now we have Rocky, our very own full grown BabyBird!
I remember first hearing the chirping coming from my cockatiel eggs.
It was truly a miracle to watch it happen in front of you.

Most Reactions