Moved cages *pics*

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Kenji's always been on the side of my room with pretty much nothing on it, just my bed. Rosie was always right behind my computer desk, AND she has a java perch she loves(often adorned with eucalyptus leaves). I spend a good deal of time one on one with each, but I felt bad that when I'm using my computer Rosie's right there on her perch. I felt that Kenji was being left out during those times. So, now Kenji's on that side of the room too!

At first he was a little nervous of my display case, all sorts of scary stuff in there. But I placed treats in his food bowl(next to the display case) and soon realized he was safe. Hasn't shown any reaction to my aquarium yet.
This is the side of my room that I call "to small for two huge cages" haha, I actually keep my dresser in my closet which made a HUGE difference in space.

tumblr_mxf2ihhX0W1rs86coo2_1280.jpg

Rosie was angry at first (she even tried to bite me), but after ten minutes she was playing again. The winner was when I placed her back on the java perch, she immediately was happy again. I think she thought that since Kenji was moved where her cage had been that he would take her perch XD

tumblr_mxf2ihhX0W1rs86coo1_500.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Great set up! Funny how things like dressers get moved to make way for a better way to place for our birds:)

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Great set up! Funny how things like dressers get moved to make way for a better way to place for our birds:)
very true! I even sold my beautiful 48g when I adopted Kenji because the tank took up too much room. Took my oldest fish, a gourami named Loki, and a bristle nose and downsized them to a 17g.

When I first adopted Rosie her cage only fit in front of my closet, so to get into my closet I had to move her cage XD and that cage was TINY. I hated that cage. I completely re-arranged my room to make her new cage fit, and did it again to a lesser extent when I adopted kenji. I didn't keep any photos of it, something I occasionally regret XD

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We had a pool table, which is now history. I also gave up the room I wanted to use a library with all my books, which are in boxes...we do what we must do..lol.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Copper - those are two VERY nice cages - any parrot would be happy with those I think. I definitely have problems with space in my house, and I do have 2 large cages as well - the Prevue F040, and they take up quite a bit of space in the livingroom. I don't need anything near as heavy duty as your cages are, and I happy about that because they would cost a fortune!

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Copper - those are two VERY nice cages - any parrot would be happy with those I think. I definitely have problems with space in my house, and I do have 2 large cages as well - the Prevue F040, and they take up quite a bit of space in the livingroom. I don't need anything near as heavy duty as your cages are, and I happy about that because they would cost a fortune!
awww thankyou so much! I love both their cages :heart: I don't know how much Kenji's cage cost since he came with it(it's avian adventures), but I bought Rosie's during a awesome close out sale! It was only $217($240 with tax). I'm glad they last a pretty long time XD No matter how nice they are, I can't afford SS yet at the size I want lol maybe one day.

Prevue F040 is a AMAZING cage for little birds!

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Prevue F040 is a AMAZING cage for little birds!

I agree with that, a great size for birds quaker sized and smaller - it's only real limitations are 1/2 wire spacing, not heavy gauge wire, and lastly, the doors are smallish when we see how large parrots can be. They even have a larger sized one tho - the F050 !:rainbow1:

You really did get that cage at a good price.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Kenji will love being closer to you....

Most Reactions

Latest posts