Music you listen to

Koko_the_fluf

Oct 16, 2021
Media
Seoul, South Korea
Parrots
Koko (green cheeked cinnamon conure gotcha date 5.18 2020)
I usually draw or study with music playing and I kind of got bored of listening to the same music every day. I usually listen to music such as EDM or instrumental or classics or sometimes movie Ost. So, what music do you listen to?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
If I'm doing homework or something I need calm music for I usually opt for lo-fi

however on the completely other end of the spectrum when I'm driving or cleaning or just need music i listen to metal

i do have a "sleep" playlist too that is somewhere in the middle though

OP
Koko_the_fluf

Koko_the_fluf

Oct 16, 2021
Media
Seoul, South Korea
Parrots
If I'm doing homework or something I need calm music for I usually opt for lo-fi

however on the completely other end of the spectrum when I'm driving or cleaning or just need music i listen to metal

i do have a "sleep" playlist too that is somewhere in the middle though
I heard of lo-fi but never listened to it. I don't really know what it is though.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year šŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
āœ»Csillam the rescued budgie
āœ»Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
āœ»Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
āœ»RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
āœ»RIP -Sunny the budgie
I heard of lo-fi but never listened to it. I don't really know what it is though.
Deff give it a try, think of it as a chill intrumental radio.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year šŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
āœ»Csillam the rescued budgie
āœ»Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
āœ»Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
āœ»RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
āœ»RIP -Sunny the budgie
I personally enjoy rock/metal music, but lately EDM is good too. Very rarely pop music, and i can beraly tolerate the new stuff what is being on the radio...
One thing I really cannot stand is the Balkan folk.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ooooooh, this is a fun one! My background is a little different than most folks here, so my tastes are as well. Among other things, I'm a working saxophonist (go figure :) ) and jazz sort. Love the big guys, Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Parker, Dizzy, Miles, some of the slightly newer guys like Wayne Shorter and such. Also love Michael Brecker- brilliant use of unparalleled technique and funky style, and he's recorded with pretty much everybody and can be found on something like 4-500 albums, even with guys like Frank Zappa. Oh, can't go without mentioning David Sanborn. Alto sax guy who's also recorded with everyone, sometimes with Brecker, but if you're looking for music to snuggle up to your honey with, check him out!

Okay, there's that, but I also enjoy more mainstream stuff, rock and roll... I do some vocals as well, or at least I try, so I listen to stuff that works for me vocally. Usually the higher range guys, maroon 5 but not so much their super poppy stuff, Gavin Degraw, Earlier Ed Sheeran, or Train type stuff. I'm open to new artists, and find stuff I like by setting a Pandora station by an artist I already like and seeing what comes up.

Never been much of a country fan. I appreciate the musical side and artistry of it, just not really my style. I love to tease friends who like it by telling them I can't listen to "my wife dun left me and the dog dun died" no more. Lol šŸ¤£

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Ooooooh, this is a fun one! My background is a little different than most folks here, so my tastes are as well. Among other things, I'm a working saxophonist (go figure :) ) and jazz sort. Love the big guys, Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, Parker, Dizzy, Miles, some of the slightly newer guys like Wayne Shorter and such. Also love Michael Brecker- brilliant use of unparalleled technique and funky style, and he's recorded with pretty much everybody and can be found on something like 4-500 albums, even with guys like Frank Zappa. Oh, can't go without mentioning David Sanborn. Alto sax guy who's also recorded with everyone, sometimes with Brecker, but if you're looking for music to snuggle up to your honey with, check him out!

Okay, there's that, but I also enjoy more mainstream stuff, rock and roll... I do some vocals as well, or at least I try, so I listen to stuff that works for me vocally. Usually the higher range guys, maroon 5 but not so much their super poppy stuff, Gavin Degraw, Earlier Ed Sheeran, or Train type stuff. I'm open to new artists, and find stuff I like by setting a Pandora station by an artist I already like and seeing what comes up.
ooooooh I enjoy jazz!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My music tastes reflect coming of age during the 1970s with curiosity to enjoy tunes of each decade. Mostly listen in my car and iPhone while running. Downloads include classic rock, alt rock, pop, R&B, new wave, synth pop, hip hop, EDM, whatever vibes with me.

OP
Koko_the_fluf

Koko_the_fluf

Oct 16, 2021
Media
Seoul, South Korea
Parrots

Never been much of a country fan. I appreciate the musical side and artistry of it, just not really my style. I love to tease friends who like it by telling them I can't listen to "my wife dun left me and the dog dun died" no more. Lol šŸ¤£

I really like jazz if my mind is just empty and I just want to relax. :)

Icca

Feb 1, 2022
Oooo! This is my cup of tea for sure! There is almost no music where I can't find something I like tho it may be tricky in some genres but I have been playing blues guitar for about 25 years and my husband was in a metal band for about 10 years so we really like to get loud! Would love to hear some blues metal make it out of the basement and onto the radio but it won't be from us LOL. I've been listening to the Psycho DeVilles lately and can't help myself I still love Korns first album.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I highly dislike metal music(sorry for any metal fans, I just don't like it! No hate!). Might be because of my SPD.. or just that it runs in the family ;) šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø for some reason no-one in my entire family like it.. my brothers and my parents don't like it, their parents don't like it and their parents didn't like it.. it just runs in the family:p

My older brother's faveourite music is jazz, he plays guitar(occasionally), and the trumpet, he used to play cello and piano but when he moved to high-school he could only have 2 instruments..

I like most music TBH. I'm not that good at working out what kind of music I'm listening to unless it's completely different, LOL(Jazz, classical, etc). My favourite band is "For KING & COUNTRY"(a Christian band). I mostly listen to Christian music(it comes as no surprise as I am one ;) ).

On that note, it's almost my piano lesson! I didn't practice enoughšŸ˜± (maybe I was spending too much time on PF ;) )

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I like christian worship songs(Mostly because I am one)
and sometimes I listen to other random music lol
I just don't really like metal/hard rock :(
I highly dislike metal music(sorry for any metal fans, I just don't like it! No hate!). Might be because of my SPD.. or just that it runs in the family ;) šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø for some reason no-one in my entire family like it.. my brothers and my parents don't like it, their parents don't like it and their parents didn't like it.. it just runs in the family:p

My older brother's faveourite music is jazz, he plays guitar(occasionally), and the trumpet, he used to play cello and piano but when he moved to high-school he could only have 2 instruments..

I like most music TBH. I'm not that good at working out what kind of music I'm listening to unless it's completely different, LOL(Jazz, classical, etc). My favourite band is "For KING & COUNTRY"(a Christian band). I mostly listen to Christian music(it comes as no surprise as I am one ;) ).

On that note, it's almost my piano lesson! I didn't practice enoughšŸ˜± (maybe I was spending too much time on PF ;) )
I'm going to rewrite this because I knew nothing about music genres when I wrote that *cringes really badly*

Ok, so I like classical rock, and sometimes a bit of country music. Sometimes like pop, just depends on the song itself. Rap/hip-hop, really depends on the song, some of it is good, some of it is not. Hard rock/metal, nope for me. I like classical music, although I play it more than I listen to it. I like lo-fi, I usually listen to it when doing schoolwork, art, etc, or when I want to relax a bit. If I missed anything, it's because I don't usually listen to the genre or just forgot about it.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hmm let's see...

I listen to alternative/rock especially when I'm cleaning bird cages or snake tubs!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I generally prefer indie rock or game OSTs (only the ones I am mega obsessed over like ARK or L4D2).

But I do go down memory lane and listen to the songs I used to listen to. Although a lot of what I listened to was really cringe and emo or just not my style anymore.

I used to listen to ā€˜edgierā€™ songs like ā€œgrrrrlsā€ by aviva, or ā€œSavageā€ by Bahari. Then there are songs that Iā€™m not crazy about but I donā€™t hate like ā€œHappy Pillsā€ by weathers, ā€œ911ā€ - ellise, and ā€œSaint Bernardā€ by Lincoln. These are edgier songs but I donā€™t hate them or cringe at the sound.

As of right now I listen to: Mother Mother, the four ARK Soundtrack albums by Gareth Coker, the Left 4 Dead 2 soundtrack album by Mike Morasky, and a few other songs like ā€œChristmas Kidsā€ and ā€œI Canā€™t Handle Changeā€ by Roar, ā€œ7 weeks and 3 daysā€ by Yungatita, ā€œMan Who Sold the Worldā€ by Nirvana, ā€œFreefallā€ by Rainbow Kitten Surprise, and the occasional ā€œTurbulentā€ by Waterparks and ā€œIā€™m a Messā€ by Bebe Rhexa. I donā€™t really listen to any other songs tbh.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I'm going to rewrite this because I knew nothing about music genres when I wrote that *cringes really badly*

Ok, so I like classical rock, and sometimes a bit of country music. Sometimes like pop, just depends on the song itself. Rap/hip-hop, really depends on the song, some of it is good, some of it is not. Hard rock/metal, nope for me. I like classical music, although I play it more than I listen to it. I like lo-fi, I usually listen to it when doing schoolwork, art, etc, or when I want to relax a bit. If I missed anything, it's because I don't usually listen to the genre or just forgot about it.
Changed again lol

My favourite genre is alternative.

I also like rock(any rock really), sometimes pop, lo-fi, rap, electronic music, indie, hip-hop, etc

I listen to most genres

Edit: I hate country
Except cotton eye joe
That song is too much of a classic to dislike (jk I only listen to it for the memes)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts