My baby IRN is sleeping ALOT

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Hey!

My two IRN's are about a month old now and they're developing feathers. I got them when they were 12 and 14 days old and during that time all they did was eat, poop, and sleep which was understandable. But now the thing that's concerning me is even after being a month old they're still sleeping ALOT and aren't being curious little birdies and roaming around exploring when I leave them on the ground.

Is that normal? Do they still need to grow up a bit to interact with their surroundings?

Oh, and at what age do I get them toys because clearly at this age they're barely interested in it.

Here are my baby birds!!

26055d1617346726-my-baby-irn-sleeping-alot-birdies.jpeg

Attachments

• birdies.jpeg
    birdies.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Still on the young side, lots more eating, sleeping pooping. As this month continues, they will become more active. Near prefect time to take for a physical examination at their Avian Medical Professional's clinic.

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
They are to young to leave the nest, so they wouldn't move around or a big urge to explore. Those tendencies would have them fall out if tree nest cavity to their death.

OP
S

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Still on the young side, lots more eating, sleeping pooping. As this month continues, they will become more active. Near prefect time to take for a physical examination at their Avian Medical Professional's clinic.

Phew! That's nice to know then I was wondering if they were sick or something but they're eating fine and screaming their heads off when they are hungry. And yep, I'll be taking them to a vet soon!

OP
S

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
They are to young to leave the nest, so they wouldn't move around or a big urge to explore. Those tendencies would have them fall out if tree nest cavity to their death.

Well, makes sense! I hope the grow up fast so they can run around and be active lil babies ^^

Most Reactions