May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
"Better late than never"
Update from last few months:
Two other Bourkies survived:) A month after selling them I met their current owner and everything were ok;)
We still have a contact to owners of our first hatched Bourkes and this summer one of them also passed away:( My familly was thinking if maybe this year a lot of birds died here?
Recently I don't really have time for my fids. I am at home only on weekends:( Now here is Christmas holiday and I can be with them longer but on the 6th January I have to go to the capital city again:(
The last taken photo of Rozalka, Fela and Jaś inside the cage

file.php

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm curious if I'm becoming being too childish - is it only to me that Bourkes' stepping looks like stepping in a cartoon?😂
Rozalka is banned because that video is just too cute! :love:

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Today I finished quarantine for Rozalka and we wanted her to rejoin other bourkes... I hope it will work... So far no fight in the cage but it doesn't mean anything yet...
Bonus pic of Rozalka
IMG_20230217_113358.jpg

It's the first pic ever of an adult bourke on my hand

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
You be a good girl Rozalka, we want to see more of you, and the other sweet little Bourkies too! :love:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I've had them 4 years. The male is a half year shorter with us because we thought Fela was a male :smiley5:
Your baby birdie pictures are adorable! All your birdies are gorgeous of course but babies are sooo cute, just like any baby animals, right?

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Poor Fela wants children again...
IMG_20230603_140401.jpg

She laid them in the cage corner and was sitting on them few days. But I have too many reasons why I don't want more babies.

And poor Jaś... I think he got head damage. He flew and hit somewhere leaving a bit of blood under his cere. Also, he's shocked (or whatever it's called) - I wanted him to come back to the cage because I thought it's a safer place for the injured bird to not make it worse. Then I realized that he wasn't afraid of me, I could take him on my hands (I also looked if he's hurt somewhere else), he even didn't go into the cage when he could - he just stayed on my hands
IMG_20230603_144806.jpg

I also searched Internet and everything looks like head damage. I'm not 100% sure if I did right putting him back to the cage with other Bourkes but I will see, maybe they won't do anything to him.

In the past my grandma helped a wild pigeon which was in the same situation - after about 2 hours it was alright and flew away

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Poor Fela wants children again...
View attachment 51172
She laid them in the cage corner and was sitting on them few days. But I have too many reasons why I don't want more babies.

And poor Jaś... I think he got head damage. He flew and hit somewhere leaving a bit of blood under his cere. Also, he's shocked (or whatever it's called) - I wanted him to come back to the cage because I thought it's a safer place for the injured bird to not make it worse. Then I realized that he wasn't afraid of me, I could take him on my hands (I also looked if he's hurt somewhere else), he even didn't go into the cage when he could - he just stayed on my hands
View attachment 51173
I also searched Internet and everything looks like head damage. I'm not 100% sure if I did right putting him back to the cage with other Bourkes but I will see, maybe they won't do anything to him.

In the past my grandma helped a wild pigeon which was in the same situation - after about 2 hours it was alright and flew away
Oh Rozzy, I hope poor little Jaś will be ok!! 🙏

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
That's great news, Rozzy! Please give that little sweetie lots of lovin' from me, won't you? And plenty for the rest of your flock too 💖 💖 💖 😘😘😘

Most Reactions