My electus out side

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
I bought a new cage today and i want to put my electus 7 months outside during day and sleep inside during day are Electus parrot capable of handling Tamworth 2388 heat 33 degree during the day i wont put her out during summer what your opinion

OP
Miamax10

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
This is my cage before i decorate it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220324-202502_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220324-202502_eBay.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20220324-202453_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220324-202453_eBay.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 54

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Keeping them outside the whole day long is a bit risky, considering the fact that she's still a baby. There are so many horror stories of birds being caught by cats, stolen by thieves, etc. Large birds especially are stolen a lot as they are worth a lot of money.

The cage itself is on the smaller side, but if she gets a lot of time outside it shouldn't be an issue.

Just some advice of "decorations", you need to get a lot of toys she can destroy, natural materials are the best. I also recommend natural perches(if they are a safe wood of course) as they are a lot better for their feet than the smooth dowel/plastic perches that often come with cages, and they provide a lot of mental stimulation as well since birds can chew on them.

Avoid painted toys, cotton rope(the perches are fine if they don't chew it), plastic bowls(unless you have no other choice but you'll need to thoroughly clean if every time), sandpaper perches, mirrors, etc etc(I can give more info as to why these are bad if you want me to).

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Keeping them outside the whole day long is a bit risky, considering the fact that she's still a baby. There are so many horror stories of birds being caught by cats, stolen by thieves, etc. Large birds especially are stolen a lot as they are worth a lot of money.

The cage itself is on the smaller side, but if she gets a lot of time outside it shouldn't be an issue.

Just some advice of "decorations", you need to get a lot of toys she can destroy, natural materials are the best. I also recommend natural perches(if they are a safe wood of course) as they are a lot better for their feet than the smooth dowel/plastic perches that often come with cages, and they provide a lot of mental stimulation as well since birds can chew on them.

Avoid painted toys, cotton rope(the perches are fine if they don't chew it), plastic bowls(unless you have no other choice but you'll need to thoroughly clean if every time), sandpaper perches, mirrors, etc etc(I can give more info as to why these are bad if you want me to).
You can keep her outside if under supervision if the weather is good.

OP
Miamax10

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
She will be out back yard and i will be checking on her all of the time and replacing fresh fruit and giving shower once a day when she get hot so i been having her outside for few day in a small cage since i just got her her large cage so i haven't had a problem as i check on her 30 times a day and i bring her in by 5 for her dinner and nights parrt seed she gets once a day

OP
Miamax10

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
I moved recently so just got her big cage and trying to get her in a routine that she not playing me with her sneezing in the air-conditioning that i got in my room where i had her all day i think she was copying my sneezing and i want her to have a bit of fun being a parrot outside

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I moved recently so just got her big cage and trying to get her in a routine that she not playing me with her sneezing in the air-conditioning that i got in my room where i had her all day i think she was copying my sneezing and i want her to have a bit of fun being a parrot outside
It's OK for her to be outside as long as you keep an eye on her. Also, what do you mean by her "sneezing in the air-conditioning in my room"?

OP
Miamax10

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
She sneezing a lot if she left in air conditioning all day it manly morning i took her to vets around my area and they check her heart ❤ and they said she sounds good 👍 they don't think she have respiratory symptoms but she is super cuddle and wants attention all of time so whenever she sneezing i say bless you i not sure if she doing iy because she get attention or because aircon. Because pheonix also love sitting on a fluffy blanket on bottom of cage

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
She sneezing a lot if she left in air conditioning all day it manly morning i took her to vets around my area and they check her heart ❤ and they said she sounds good 👍 they don't think she have respiratory symptoms but she is super cuddle and wants attention all of time so whenever she sneezing i say bless you i not sure if she doing iy because she get attention or because aircon. Because pheonix also love sitting on a fluffy blanket on bottom of cage
If air conditioners haven't been used for a long while, it can have a lot of dust and might be why she is sneezing.

OP
Miamax10

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Is it normal for babies electus to love cuddles and beings down bottom of cage to play and sleep

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Is it normal for babies electus to love cuddles and beings down bottom of cage to play and sleep
Babies will sometimes sleep at the bottom of the cage and that's OK, but if they don't grow out of the habit as they get older, it's a good idea to contact an avian/exotic vet:)

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Hi there, and welcome. I do take my Ekkie outside when it’s nice. He loves the sun! I sit outside with him because we have coyotes, eagles, and hawks where I live.

Always remember that parrots are very social. They love being able to spend time with their humans. Are you able to still spend hours everyday socializing with your Ekkie?

OP
Miamax10

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Hi there, and welcome. I do take my Ekkie outside when it’s nice. He loves the sun! I sit outside with him because we have coyotes, eagles, and hawks where I live.

Always remember that parrots are very social. They love being able to spend time with their humans. Are you able to still spend hours everyday socializing with your Ekkie?
hi Yea I still check on her every 1 hour and chat with her but I also dont have room for her large cage inside so I got her play cage(larg) outside and sleeping cage(smaller) indoor but I still go out to play and cuddle and talk to her so she definitely not lacking in love 🥰 that for sure she Is very spoiled

Most Reactions

Latest posts