My first GCC experience (on video- before Kyo came along)

That conure did not want to go back to it's cage. :)

Don't tell Kyo, but I actually went back to visit her again and was going to take her home… sadly she had sold. But I was happy to see her out of a pet store either way, she was advertised as reduced price because she was a biter and only someone who was experienced would have seen her potential as a pet.

Then I saw an add on Kijiji about baby GCC's that looked exactly like her… and I came home from work to a giant flight cage the next week (hubby thought it was time to give in finally) :3

I have a thing for animals with attitude. You knew more than I though. Foo was a biter too, and the only bird I had prior was when I was in like 2nd grade I got a parakeet. Who I loved and had through most of high school and then got dumb and it got away outside and was eaten by the neighbors dog. I didn't think I'd ever get another I felt so bad about it. I'm now in my late 40's...so it took me a bit to get over my guilt.

I have a thing for animals with attitude. You knew more than I though. Foo was a biter too, and the only bird I had prior was when I was in like 2nd grade I got a parakeet. Who I loved and had through most of high school and then got dumb and it got away outside and was eaten by the neighbors dog. I didn't think I'd ever get another I felt so bad about it. I'm now in my late 40's...so it took me a bit to get over my guilt.

I know the feeling. Now that I've had more time to research and my ex isn't around to try to misinform me (he owned a pet store years ago and thought he was an expert… heh) I feel guilt every day for my babies that still live with him. I have tried on a few occasions to get some of them back, but he will simply not respond to me. I know that the budgies just keep dropping like flies, and there's nothing I can do to convince him to change how he cares for them :(

I never thought I'd be able to get another bird, especially since my fiancé has his cats here… but we've made it work. I actually found out on the day I was supposed to bring Kyo home that my beloved cockatiel had passed away (a mutual friend was kind enough to rat on my ex since he didn't have the decency to email me) and I was sooo unbelievably sad. Sadder than I've ever been about losing a pet. I had messaged my ex only a few weeks before about wanting to have my Jo Jo back, and had no response.

We brought Kyo home that day anyway, and even though she will never replace Joey she has brought me so much joy. I know Joey is looking over us every day. :white1:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back