My Flock Photos

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Hello! I don't really have a story thread to share, just photos. I didn't post this in the bird-specific sections because there are several urgent threads there of people needing urgent help and didn't want to bump them down. So here I am!

I realized that every time I start a thread on the forum, it's almost always some serious flock-related ordeal. I wanted to change it up a bit with a light-hearted, positive thread. And what's more light-hearted and positive than bird pics! Here are recent ones of my flock. Boomer is an 8.5 year old sun conure. Pewpew is a 5 year old budgie, and Ulap is turning 2 years old in a couple of months.

Group Meeting

Boomer in afternoon sun

Ulap top left, Pewpew bottom right

Boomer

Pewpew and Ulap in the Secret Garden

A bit of good news. I'm happy to share that Pewpew and Ulap are now eating and liking their pellet food (Roudybush and Lafeber mixed). They are now eating way more pellets and chopmix than they do seeds. This is important because Pewpew was officially diagnosed with FLD (Fatty Liver Disease) last April. I'm 100% sure he's had FLD since 2017 but my old vet kept dismissing it. A healthy diet is what Pewpew most needs to improve. Boomer is still Boomer. Lovable, sweet and hyper. I'm taking him for his annual wellness check in 2 days. Wish us luck!

:orange::blue2::whiteblue:

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Beautiful pictures and nice happy updates
Do. I’ve to see a post duty pretty parrots and good news

cneuhauser

Jul 9, 2020
Cary NC (hate it), LF Job in Moab UT or elsewhere
Parrots
Dusky Conure, Male Ekkie
Hello! I don't really have a story thread to share, just photos. I didn't post this in the bird-specific sections because there are several urgent threads there of people needing extreme help right now and I didn't want to bump them down. So here I am!

I realized that every time I start a thread on the forum, it's almost always some serious flock-related ordeal. I wanted to change it up a bit with a light-hearted, positive thread. And what's more light-hearted and positive that bird pics! Here are recent ones of my flock. Boomer is an 8.5 year old sun conure. Pewpew is a 5 year old budgie, and Ulap is turning 2 years old in a couple of months.

Group Meeting

Boomer in afternoon sun

Ulap top left, Pewpew bottom right

Boomer

Pewpew and Ulap in the Secret Garden

A bit of good news. I'm happy to share that Pewpew and Ulap are now eating and liking their pellet food (Roudybush and Lafeber mixed). They are now eating way more pellets and chopmix than they do seeds. This is important because Pewpew officially diagnosed with FLD (Fatty Liver Disease) last April. A healthy diet is what he most needs to improve. Boomer is still Boomer. Lovable, sweet and hyper. I'm taking him for his annual wellness check in 2 days. Wish us luck!

:orange::blue2::whiteblue:

Great Photos...what types of plants are those?

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Thank you for the photos!

I also have a Sun Conure and Two Budgies.

And I have been meaning to start a thread in this stories-forum, to post random things about them. Have been putting it off because writing the beginning will take time... perhaps I shall just start with the present and circle around. I like your approach! And, I love your birdie pics.

Thank you. :)

OP
BoomBoom

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Laurasea: Thank you, my friend! Thinking of you these days!:60:

cneuhauser: These plants are different varieties of Dracaena Marginata. Certified parrot-safe and very hardy as long as you put it close proximity to sunlight. One of the better plants for promoting indoor air quality. I've had them since 2013 and they've really grown wild, growing every which way, bending under the weight of their leaves. They were much prettier back then!

fiddlejen: Awesome combo ;) ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts