My GCC landed on a hot pot

tweetya

Jun 17, 2020
I was cooking ramen and he landed on the side of the pot. I grabbed him instantly to get him off. I checked his feet to see if it was burned or red, but it seemed okay??

I am confused. Do GCC's feel hot pain on their feet or no? Because he only screamed when I got him off the pot.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Yes they do feel pain in their feet. It is possible you grabbed him quickly enough that he wasn't injured. But it is also possible that he just didn't respond right away as his little brain had not previously experienced such a thing. (I personally as a child injured my hand and did Not feel it until the friend with me started screaming because of the blood... but then it really hurt. So it could be that he just didn't react right away.)

Keep an eye on him. Check his feet again, more than once, later - burns don't usually blister-up right away. If he seems acting in any way different than usual, or if any redness appears, you may need to get him to an avian vet.

Most Reactions