My shampoo irritated my cockatiel's cere.

budgiegirl22

May 21, 2021
So I've recently noticed that whenever I wash my hair my cockatiel Ari starts sneezing and her cere turns a darker shade of pink. I need to find a more natural shampoo/conditioner to use but as I don't know what ingredient caused the irrigation I am not sure where to start. Any suggestions?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I would look for any brand that claims to be hypoallergenic.
maybe J&J makes a baby shampoo you could try.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
More likely your conditioner as those chemicals tend to stay in your hair. As you are searching for a new product, remember to deep rise your hair after shampooing. If you are shampooing daily, switch a much milder shampoo as the cleansing chemicals can cause like problems.

Ma2s

Oct 3, 2021
PA
Parrots
Timneh-Cape Hybrid,
Blue-crowned Conure
So I've recently noticed that whenever I wash my hair my cockatiel Ari starts sneezing and her cere turns a darker shade of pink. I need to find a more natural shampoo/conditioner to use but as I don't know what ingredient caused the irrigation I am not sure where to start. Any suggestions?
Ah, I noticed that I didn’t fully understand your question. Besides these fantastic recommendations from everyone else, I can only suggest trying to get the air to vent and circulate as best as possible.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
A children's tearless shampoo might help you out. If not (I find it doesn't wash my hair well enough), really rinsing out your hair well should help :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts