My sweet lil babygirl Rhea

Akelly

Sep 30, 2022
Parrots
Yellowsided conure
Hello everyone I am looking for some advice I got a 8 week old baby female yellowsided conure today was told from the breeder I got her from that she started on seed and fresh apples and millet daily and I noticed tonight when she was sleeping she is at the bottom of her cage should I be worried about her I won't have more money to take her to a vet until I get paid again could anyone please help me with some advice .Thank you kindly

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Babies often sleep at the bottom of their cage. They haven’t quite learned to perch yet. So if she seems otherwise well I would not worry. She’s going to do some baby things that will surprise you but she will grow up to be a real parrot!

8 weeks is pretty young. She may beg for some soft food and you could feed her porridge, soft banana, or buy baby bird formula if she seems really hungry.

Please let us know how Rhea is doing! I hope she is a contented baby bird and easy to get to know.

OP
A

Akelly

Sep 30, 2022
Parrots
Yellowsided conure
Babies often sleep at the bottom of their cage. They haven’t quite learned to perch yet. So if she seems otherwise well I would not worry. She’s going to do some baby things that will surprise you but she will grow up to be a real parrot!

8 weeks is pretty young. She may beg for some soft food and you could feed her porridge, soft banana, or buy baby bird formula if she seems really hungry.

Please let us know how Rhea is doing! I hope she is a contented baby bird and easy to get

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
Hello everyone I am looking for some advice I got a 8 week old baby female yellowsided conure today was told from the breeder I got her from that she started on seed and fresh apples and millet daily and I noticed tonight when she was sleeping she is at the bottom of her cage should I be worried about her I won't have more money to take her to a vet until I get paid again could anyone please help me with some advice .Thank you kindly
In order to keep her up off the cage bottom, where "droppings" collect, you might consider a "shelf" perch for her, if you think she is coordinated enough to move onto and off of it. (I know nothing about the stages of baby bird development, as I have adopted all adult birds. Babies sure are cute, though!)

You can find them at some pet stores and most any online store that sells pet products. There are straight versions, corner versions, and "sliced log" versions.
1664638119831.png

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
In order to keep her up off the cage bottom, where "droppings" collect, you might consider a "shelf" perch for her, if you think she is coordinated enough to move onto and off of it. (I know nothing about the stages of baby bird development, as I have adopted all adult birds. Babies sure are cute, though!)

You can find them at some pet stores and most any online store that sells pet products. There are straight versions, corner versions, and "sliced log" versions.
View attachment 44642
You can find these hidden in the “small animal” department, too; and they may be cheaper.

I bet your baby will learn to use the regular perches soon. But she may have been housed in an aquarium and stick perched would be new to her then.

Most Reactions

Latest posts