need advice on feathers

stephie

Sep 1, 2011
i live in selby, england
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure (mikey)
a celestial parrotlet (frank)
hello, i have a 9 month old green cheek conure male and over the past few days i have noticed that a few grey little fluffy feathers and some of his colourful small ones have been coming out, and today one of his big red tail feathers came out as well, i am not sure wether he is moulting or what, he has had mite treatment and gets daily vitamin drops and moultone to keep his feathers nice and tidy, he also gets a bath everyday and i blow all his dead skin off as well. any advice would be great, his name is mikey by the way he is my little baby. :)

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
My boyfriend's name is Mikey. That made me laugh a little bit.

Your little guy might be molting. My Dusky just lost 2 tail feathers and I'm constantly vacuuming fluffy feathers and pretty green ones up off the floor. She's also covered in pin feathers and always wants a good scratching. Hopefully he's just molting and it's not something more serious.

OP
S

stephie

Sep 1, 2011
i live in selby, england
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure (mikey)
a celestial parrotlet (frank)
yeah he's got pin feathers on back of his head and and under neck, he seems like himself only time will telm trying to type with mikey on keyboard. ha ha cheers for advice

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
Auggies dad....get outa here! LOL I seriously just busted up laughing at your comment! :18:

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I burst out laughing over the "I'm molting, molting...." The cats just kind of stared at me and my brother looked at me like I was crazy. He hates the birds so he'd never understand :p My Kayak is a witch when she's molting.

Most Reactions

Latest posts