Need to find a new home for my Conure

Tennessee conure

Dec 10, 2021
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hello,
I have a 3 year old Conure that I need to find a good home for. His name is Dak and we originally got him for my 10 year old son. Well now my son is 14 and is always busy and I work from home so Dak has basically become my bird. I really love him but am not really a bird person I guess you would say. He wants to be with me all the time and I feel bad when I donā€™t spend 100% of my time with him. I used to like to travel but now donā€™t want to travel because I feel bad leaving him. Heā€™s a little moody and can be pretty nippy and occasionally will bite pretty hard (not quite break the skin bite but close) but most of the time heā€™s sweet and loves his neck scratched and just loves to sit on my shoulder. I am willing to drive him to you and will donate his cages and toys. I will be very picky about who he goes to, though. Will want to FaceTime and hopefully you will have experience with conures. Not asking for money but would like for you to donate $200-300 to an animal or bird shelter. Anyone know anyone that fits this description or where I can find him a good home?

OP
Tennessee conure

Tennessee conure

Dec 10, 2021
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hello,
I have a 3 year old Conure that I need to find a good home for. His name is Dak and we originally got him for my 10 year old son. Well now my son is 14 and is always busy and I work from home so Dak has basically become my bird. I really love him but am not really a bird person I guess you would say. He wants to be with me all the time and I feel bad when I donā€™t spend 100% of my time with him. I used to like to travel but now donā€™t want to travel because I feel bad leaving him. Heā€™s a little moody and can be pretty nippy and occasionally will bite pretty hard (not quite break the skin bite but close) but most of the time heā€™s sweet and loves his neck scratched and just loves to sit on my shoulder. I am willing to drive him to you and will donate his cages and toys. I will be very picky about who he goes to, though. Will want to FaceTime and hopefully you will have experience with conures. Not asking for money but would like for you to donate $200-300 to an animal or bird shelter. Anyone know anyone that fits this description or where I can find him a good home?
Here are a few pictures of Dak.

Attachments

• 1FEDE94B-4948-4356-B509-7847A99F9DA4.jpeg
    1FEDE94B-4948-4356-B509-7847A99F9DA4.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 4663CD4F-EF87-46B2-BD4B-297CD828402A.jpeg
    4663CD4F-EF87-46B2-BD4B-297CD828402A.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 99
OP
Tennessee conure

Tennessee conure

Dec 10, 2021
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Im out in Tucson AZ so probably a little far for you but I volunteer with a local bird rescue already
Yeah that would be quite the road trip! I might consider it though if I canā€™t find anyone else in the next few days or weeks and you are a super star bird owner! Lol. But seriously, If youā€™re really interested let me know.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Please be aware that new members are unable to access our direct messaging service until they have amassed a total of 10 posts on the open forum. In the meantime, if you wish to contact each other, please feel free to send a message to any one of the Mod team, @LaManuka, @saxguy64, @Scott or @Terry57, and we will be happy to forward your messages and/or contact info on for you :)

IcyWinteRose

Nov 23, 2021
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Stitch and Angel: Caiques
Yeah that would be quite the road trip! I might consider it though if I canā€™t find anyone else in the next few days or weeks and you are a super star bird owner! Lol. But seriously, If youā€™re really interested let me know.
Totally would be interested but im sure you could find good options closer to home! keep me posted

OP
Tennessee conure

Tennessee conure

Dec 10, 2021
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Totally would be interested but im sure you could find good options closer to home! keep me posted
Ok, will do! I just started looking today so Iā€™m not sure how hard it will be to find a good home. Iā€™m going to be very picky and I love that you work with a rescue. If I donā€™t have any luck locally in a week or so Iā€™ll get back to you! Thanks!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I hope you are able to find a great forever home.
Unfortunately we have young people who want or get a parrot all the time, and young people don't realize how much their lives will change and how fast they change over the years if high school, college ect. And how parrots are so different than other pets, and such a commitment.

I drove 2 states to pick up Pikachu who was given up by a wonderful college kid on this forum. So happy outcomes do happen. Pikachu is much loved and thriving with me and mine. We stayed in touch for awhile but it was too heartbreaking for him, completely understand.

OP
Tennessee conure

Tennessee conure

Dec 10, 2021
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Unfortunately we have young people who want or get a parrot all the time, and young people don't realize how much their lives will change and how fast they change over the years if high school, college ect. And how parrots are so different than other pets, and such a commitment.

I drove 2 states to pick up Pikachu who was given up by a wonderful college kid on this forum. So happy outcomes do happen. Pikachu is much loved and thriving with me and mine. We stayed in touch for awhile but it was too heartbreaking for him, completely understand.

Yes neither me, my wife or son had any experience with a bird before we decided to buy Dak. We didnā€™t do enough research first obviously. Itā€™s a tough decision to find him a new home because we really do love him but I think itā€™s for the best as my lifestyle doesnā€™t really allow him the attention he needs.

Happy to hear that you had success with a re-homed bird! I hope I can find Dak an owner like you! Thanks for sharing your story

Most Reactions

Latest posts