Neptune is lost

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
It didn't sound like a kid.
He was serious. Didn't say hello. Just that he wanted to let me know he had my quaker. Not my burd, not my parrot , but my quaker. They flyer says lost bird, it does say quaker farther down. And tge typical attitude we here from everyone here who finds a parrot. Why should he give him back?

Why would a boy doing a joke say he loves him?,

That's my thing..It is possible that a guilty adult is doing this as a means of alleviating their guilt....I don't want to make you feel worse....I mean, at least he loves him..but still....

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
why wouldn't the joke be to send me on a goose chase that tgey saw burd, and send me out looking, that would be a joke

He said " I just want you to know I have your quaker , and I love him" he us sitting on my shoulder right now, he loves to talk. " I said some in shock jabbering, sbd he said " Why should I give him back? " I said I love him I hs c e had him from a baby and he hung up.

It just doesn't sound like a joke to say he loves him

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
why wouldn't the joke be to send me on a goose chase that tgey saw burd, and send me out looking, that would be a joke

He said " I just want you to know I have your quaker , and I love him" he us sitting on my shoulder right now, he loves to talk. " I said some in shock jabbering, sbd he said " Why should I give him back? " I said I love him I hs c e had him from a baby and he hung up.

It just doesn't sound like a joke to say he loves him

It's so hard to know, but there are a lot of messed up people out there (some who would lie to get a laugh) and others who would lie to hide their own bad behavior....or at least, part of it. That is why I would still investigate...but it may or may not come to anything... sadly. If it is true, at least he said he loves him...although I know that hardly helps.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I texted back i pay 1000, or buy a cage and a baby quaker from the same breeder....
He swears was a joke, sorry it was in bad taste, that they dont have him .

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Can you look up his number and be a creeper who knocks (with someone with you)?? LOL--That may be a death sentence, but as a sped teacher, I'm all sorts of messed up lol! HE is probably telling the truth, but I'm an eternal skeptic.

I guess they wouldn't HAVE to let you inside...

AGAIN-- DO NOT GO ALONE AND preferably, not in your car...just in case...

My thought (paranoid as it is,) would be to get someone to the door and talk with them for a minute (while listening) and then randomly say something loudly and listen for my bird. It IS totally plausible tha they were messing with you, but I'm pissed just hearing it.

EDIT-- see Lamauka's response before doing this!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I think you need to disengage with these people, Laura. As painful as this is for you and however much you want it to be true, I very much doubt they have Neptune and this will only cause you more distress, darling girl. You know what they say, don't feed the trolls!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Also a good point...I dunno...hard to say... I just know how I am, so sorry if my advice is terrible, but I just am like Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs....I do think there is some merit to being that way, but at the same time, it is very possible that you are feeding trolls.

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I’d call the police and have them look into it. If it was joke played by teenagers then the parents should know and speak with them. Maybe they know someone who has your bird. I am really sorry your going through this especially while Penny isn’t feeling well. In general I don’t think people know quakers can talk. This is the route I’d take. I am again really sorry. Keep the faith.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I know, why couldn't I haven't my happy day, without someone sticking a knife in my heart..

And I missed giving Penny her last warm feed if the day before she put herself to bed.

The guy I texted said it was his friend who used his phone to call me.

I didn't get much sleep last night. And I'm so torn up right now...ill decide tomorrow what I believe

Other than such cruelty on eitger side

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Bahhhhh--- we love you--- people often suck.... :( Sorry !!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
What noodles said! I'm sorry some people are such Class A idiots. Please don't let their stupidity hurt you, although I know I would be really upset too if this had happened to me. Love you Laura!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
WHAT LAMARTINA SAID!
AND I LOVE YOU, TOO!!!! You are one of the dearest souls here. The very dearest.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Hubbs says hire a private investigator. That is what they are there for. Big scary ex fbi type guys who would be HAPPY to help you get him back. They will go there for you, do all the talking, and look scary. They would also find out where the call came from, and do all this talking in person. It is also a lot harder to turn down a scary big tough guy who comes to your door with whatever amount of money you are paying in ransom in cash than it is to turn down some hypothetical amount of money offered thru a text.

I don't think it was kids. I don't think it was a joke. Kids or a joke would say they had your bird, not your quaker. Send some big scary (totally legal) hired goons to go figure out whats what.

I'm so mad that someone would do this to you!!!! Seeing RED. Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Oh God how horrible! I'm so sad and heartbroken to hear this happen to you, such a wonderful person!! :(

My guess is it was either a stupid, cruel joke with nothing else behind it, or maybe he thought he'd tell you this to get you to give up and move on, telling himself he was doing you "a favor" by this. People can be horrible and stupid. :( I'm so sorry!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
The malevolence and pure evil of some "people" is extraordinarily vile. My guess is it was a ruthless and vicious prank. Wouldn't hurt to notify police and see if they are interested in a report?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Hubbs says hire a private investigator. That is what they are there for. Big scary ex fbi type guys who would be HAPPY to help you get him back. They will go there for you, do all the talking, and look scary. They would also find out where the call came from, and do all this talking in person. It is also a lot harder to turn down a scary big tough guy who comes to your door with whatever amount of money you are paying in ransom in cash than it is to turn down some hypothetical amount of money offered thru a text.

I don't think it was kids. I don't think it was a joke. Kids or a joke would say they had your bird, not your quaker. Send some big scary (totally legal) hired goons to go figure out whats what.

I'm so mad that someone would do this to you!!!! Seeing RED. Grrrrrrr!!!!!

I know a couple guys named Tony and Vinny who would love to go to Florida for a reason this time of year.

Jim

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
thank you all do much, I think was a prank....but I just can't deal...I was afraid Penny was at deaths door again it taken all my focus.
Neptune is one of the greatest loves of my life, we have a special soul connection. It shredds me to think someone is keeping him from me. They would only have to bring Neptune to see me, to see the love we have Neptune has not forgotten me!!! It would be clear as day that he is my baby!!!
Ta-dah his love has nit forgotten him either.

Neptune can talk great, but he is a master at screaming, and in spring he will be screaming, and aggressive. If tgey have him, maybe then they will be willing to give him back.....I don't want him neglected or abused because of his screaming!!!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
That's a great point! I imagine that (if they do have him) they will be inclines to return him if he does his thing this spring. I think that is an excellent perspective.

Most Reactions

Latest posts