Neptune is lost

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Crossing my fingers!!! Positive thoughts your way!!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
I'm praying and hoping and wishing on every star, eyelash and dandelion that Neptune finds you!!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I git a call from someone who saw my flyer, they texted me the pic if the yellow cute budgie. So sweet and so glad they are trying,!!!
But so confused, as a picture of my Blue Quaker Neptune is on the flyer ...
the picture in the flyer is pretty big, but maybe I will make a new flyer that is all picture with thee words over it??

The cute and smart budgie was found at a good humans bird feeder!! I want Neptune to be spotted st a good humans bird feeder, it makes me scared that he hasn’t yet....

I hope the budgie owner is found! And I am so grateful they reached out to me.
I’m just trying to understand the observation abilities of our non parrot people ;)

Last edited:

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Non-bird people seem to think that all bird people know each other. So they probably figured the budgie might be a different lost bird of yours or someone you knew. Or perhaps they were color blind? ;)

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
1 cockatiel named pikachu^^
I git a call from someone who saw my flyer, they texted me the pic if the yellow cute budgie. So sweet and so glad they are trying,!!!
But so confused, as a picture of my Blue Quaker Neptune is on the flyer ...
the picture in the flyer is pretty big, but maybe I will make a new flyer that is all picture with thee words over it??

The cute and smart budgie was found at a good humans bird feeder!! I want Neptune to be spotted st a good humans bird feeder, it makes me scared that he hasn’t yet....

I hope the budgie owner is found! And I am so grateful they reached out to me.
I’m just trying to understand the observation abilities of our non parrot people ;)

Maybe you can take the budgie in and take care of it, notify everyone and see if the owner can reunite, sending prayers for neptune <3

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Yesterday i received news of a spotting about 3.5 miles from my home. Report was he was sitting on telephone wires front of lowes. I got the news about two hours after the possible sights of Neptune. I went straight away. I saw dove sitting on wire, abd they look a lot like a quaker from afar but doves have a tiny head for their body and quakers have a big blocky head that goes with the body better. Im not saying tgsts what they saw...but those doves trick me all the time..i spent an hour there

Today on my way back I connected with the person who saw him. My hopes are raised beca it turns out she works at a pet store and knows what a quajer looks like, both her and her boyfriend saw him , they could tell he was blue and she said he looked a little rough with feathers missing. You dont often see wild burds look rough.. so I spent 3 hours there. Im taking a lunch break and I will go back. I'd rather get my hopes up and be crushed again than not to follow every lead.

And for those of you who find a parrot, please do everything possible to find the owner!!! These parrots are our family members we love them so much! They aren't a free gift to you, they came to you for help in finding their person. Please help them return home!

24927d1599586383-neptune-lost-img_20191111_101655296_burst000_cover_top.jpg

Last edited:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Positive thoughts from my end of the country.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Its raining so im back home.
Thanks everybody, I'm trying i want 5gzt miracle

Ceri

Aug 6, 2020
Bozeman, MT
Parrots
Jade & Jasper - Meyers - Adopted from Rescue - estimated age is 5 or 6.
I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for Neptune to come home! I wish I lived close so I could help you.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
thus lowes is on a highway there is a littke used train track behind perhaps lije a wildlife flyaway? Ove soent the day walking and calling all around that area abd at every water source I can find.

My big hope is he will seek out a good human a d be returned to me.

Its very very hard not having him home, as all who've partots know it hurts so deeply. And because I don't know its a scar that doesn't heal
Thats why I changed my signature because my sorrow is as deep as the ocean not light as foam

Last edited:

kiwi_and_emma

May 22, 2020
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I can't believe I just saw this thread. I am so, so sorry for your lost feather baby but keep hoping my first bird ever was lost as well my little sister was playing with him, and he had just flown out the open door I stayed outside for days, and he never came back. The unknown is scary, more scary than if you actually saw him... you know. I still hope every day but it's been 4 months and...nothing, so I feel you and I want you to know that you're a total rock star for not giving up and I will hope for your best!!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
thank you, I hope both our burds find their way home...

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My Neptune, my love, things aren't looking good for us to find each other again. I still try...

I have been really loosing my hair these last few weeks....as of today it's getting pretty bad.. so i google ....stress hair loss, and it showed you can have a dent bar across your finger nails and showed how to calculate the time of the big stressor.....you guessed it the 4 months ago i lost Neptune..... it was such a deep stress and shock on my system it registered on my body... the hopefully good news on the hair loss is by the time it gets this bad, your body should already be starting to recover...

I can't bring myself to write in bereavement yet...because I can't let go the last if the hope yet.

For all those who find parrots, please i beg you, do all that you can to find their person. These lost birds are loved. Neptune was one if the deepest loves of my life and I am 50, I have loved and lost before

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so sorry that Neptune has not come home to you yet Laura. You have been so dedicated in your search for him and I still pray that he is brought home safely to your loving arms. I know he is your special boy, and my thoughts are with you.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thank you all for bearing witness to my love, and to my grief. I know it's difficult to find what to say when a person is hurting so much. So extra thanks to you Lamanuka

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you all for bearing witness to my love, and to my grief. I know it's difficult to find what to say when a person is hurting so much. So extra thanks to you Lamanuka

It is an honor, Laura. I hope the love from your community provides a measure of hope and comfort.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

It is an honor, Laura. I hope the love from your community provides a measure of hope and comfort.

The forum the people , and being able to talk about his loss has been a life line...

Thank you

I hope Neptune's story helps inspire people who find lost parrots, to do everything possible to reunite them with their family

Most Reactions