New baby, Orange wings amazonica amazon parrot

scarlettdread

Nov 5, 2020
turkey
Parrots
orange winged amazonica amazon parrot
Hi everyone, we live turkey. I bought orange wings amazonica a week ago. She is only 10 months old. I bought one cage. I am so sorry about that with their wings cut off. I have a little baby at home and he loves it. We have a few problems. Even though the first days don't make him love himself, he bends his head forward to love me now. But I can't pick it up. I know it needs time and I don't want to be scared. But I can't get him inside his cage at all, I don't want him to be afraid He doesn't even go to eat. I fixed the dishes upstairs. I want him to go in for a night's sleep but I'm not successful.
One has black stool and white lines on it. It's been like this for about 4 days. The vet says it's okay, but I'm terribly afraid something will happen.
I bought him toys and put them in his cage, he doesn't play with any of them and he doesn't go into the cage anyway. When I put it out of the cage, it plays. He's been biting his cage for a few days, shrinking his eyes and making a noise. I think she did this because she wanted to play it but could there be another reason?
Thanks to everyone
0acaae478e5e73acd9b1b5aab6ad28b3.jpg
d38c63e2d807ae707f6f7d5ae92a3eca.jpg

VOG-L29 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed.

Orange Wings are wonderful amazons, usually sweet and nice.
So, first - what is he eating? Should be good quality pellets, vegetables, some fruit and a little seeds. With this diet your parrot will be heathy and live a long time. His stool is not good looking. A healty stool has a white outside with a green inside and a little black or brown in the middle. Stool will change with your parrots diet. feed him red beets, his stool will look red, and so forth. Diet is very important.

So, I think you are maybe moving too fast with him. Parrots have their own timetable of change and you cannot rush it. Build trust with him, before you let him out of the cage. Forcing him back into the cage or chasing him will destroy trust in you. Learn what his favorite treat is, and then offer it to him every time you pass the cage. A little hello and a little treat every time will teach him that good things come from people and you. This could take days, or weeks or months, but you can not rush it.

Please go to our Amazon sub-forum and read the 2 threads at the top of the page - Amazon Body Language, and I Love Amazons. Both are some of the very best information you will find anywhere on Amazons. Read them out loud to your new Orange wing, in a soft soothing voice. Amazons love to be read to, and he will welcome your voice.

Good luck and COngratulations, you are now owned by an Amazon!

Most Reactions

Latest posts