New birds...

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
My husband has decided to join the family business a little more, and he has a real knack for little difficult birds. Yesterday he bought some painted conures.

He named the female Richie, the male doesn't get picked up until next month. She is a beautiful little bird, and I am really looking forward to getting to know her. She will only get more beautiful as the new diet and lighting start to work on her.

The woman who had her had lots of small children running around and poking cages, so she's a nervous bird. I gave her a ceiling level cage so she can look down on the action of the house and feel safe. She was originally paired with a male at her previous home, but the male died (she claimed it was night fright, but I highly doubt that is what happened).

I'd post pics, but my attachment folder is full, and I am not sure how to remedy that yet.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Congrats on Richie! Here's what I do when posting pics you can try if your attachment folder is full. I send the pic from my camera to my facebook, open it there, then just copy and paste here. It's kinda a weird way to do it, but it works.

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
I deleated a couple of old attachments (so those posts will be photoless), I can use facebook or photobucket from my computer, and will start at a later date.... Currently all my activity on here is from my phone, so the one thing I can't do is paste photos from facebook to here :(

Richie is a vervous bird, and I couldn't get a photo of all her chest colors and I wasn't gonna push it. That's the HORRIBLE cage she came with, and today I'll be moving her into a quarantine cage.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
lucky Ritchie, congrats. I think you can post pictures in the photo section & link from there.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
More new birds, that's what we all need!!! LoL!!! Congrats on the new baby! :)

I've been looking at the Black Lory that's available in my area....Just maybe....

OP
ShreddedOakAviary

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
I hope the pic shows up this time..... here goes...

Attachments

• IMG_20111003_110758.jpg
    IMG_20111003_110758.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 236

Most Reactions

Latest posts