New Cage for 'Zon!

MustLoveAnimals

Aug 14, 2014
Missouri
Parrots
Female Cinnamon Cockatiel; Arka
~
Female Red Crowned Amazon; Chiba
Got this cage Saturday! She warmed up to it right away. And she is playing with one of her toys. :)
She mimicked me today while I was on the phone; she said "hello".

I also need help with choosing a name...I have "Chiba" and "Charo".
Which do you like more?

Last edited:

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
What a great way to start off the new year!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
The cage looks great for her and she looks like a real sweetheart:D So glad you got her! I personally like the name Charo. I think it would suit her;)

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Charo is cute :)

OP
MustLoveAnimals

MustLoveAnimals

Aug 14, 2014
Missouri
Parrots
~
The cage looks great for her and she looks like a real sweetheart:D So glad you got her! I personally like the name Charo. I think it would suit her;)
I still have a lot to do with the cage...I need to buy TONS of more toys and maybe a few more perches. At least now I know what kind of toys she's interested in. She LOVES this colorful rope toy with colored wood pieces. The wood is wrapped up in colorful paper, and she's shredded most of it, and is now chewing on the wood. :) She really isn't interested in the other two. Oh well! I'd be happy to buy more!

It's such a difficult decision. My Mom likes "Charo", and I like "Chiba". I'll just keep saying each one and see which one has a better "ring". :D

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
If we find out that 'Zon is your 14-year old son, this threads gonna get creepy in a hurry...

OP
MustLoveAnimals

MustLoveAnimals

Aug 14, 2014
Missouri
Parrots
~
I decided to name her Chiba. :) I know it didn't get any votes, but it grew on me. :D

OP
MustLoveAnimals

MustLoveAnimals

Aug 14, 2014
Missouri
Parrots
~
If we find out that 'Zon is your 14-year old son, this threads gonna get creepy in a hurry...
Lol. Since I'm only 18, the only children I have are my pets. ;)

You've made a friend for life then:D! Chiba is lovely name too BTW, and she's all yours to choose what you name her:)
Thanks! :D
I love knowing that! :D She'll be with me for the rest of my days. ^_^ I hate that dogs don't have long lifespans like parrots. :( My guy has a lifespan of about 10 to 12 years. Good thing he's only two!

I know my Mom really liked the other name, but this one stuck out to me. I think it will grow on her eventually. :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Lol. Since I'm only 18, the only children I have are my pets. ;)

You've made a friend for life then:D! Chiba is lovely name too BTW, and she's all yours to choose what you name her:)
Thanks! :D
I love knowing that! :D She'll be with me for the rest of my days. ^_^ I hate that dogs don't have long lifespans like parrots. :( My guy has a lifespan of about 10 to 12 years. Good thing he's only two!

I know my Mom really liked the other name, but this one stuck out to me. I think it will grow on her eventually. :)

I was 19 when I adopted Kiwi. There's actually a lot of younger bird owners on here. it is really nice to know all the love, time and effort you put in the beginning will yield a lifelong friendship at a point in life you are capable of being responsible enough to care for such a creature. It's even nicer to know with a rehome that the cycle of getting passed around and living in deplorable conditions has stopped with you so the bird can settle down and feel secure:) I bet Chibi is still absorbing the drastic change from that canary cage to her new mansion. Birds are smart, and she will recognize YOU as the one who took her out of that miserable prison cell and put her in a real home, with toys and food and love. That will be paid back in time with her friendship! Poor girl is missing her head feathers from that old cage:( I bet by the time they grow back, she'll be a friendly, inquisitive family member :D

Most Reactions