New cage! Sort of.....

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
What do you folks think?

At least they all have a bit more room now. And oddly enough Porter is getting along with the keets for once c:

jugoya-albums-setup-porter-bein-ham-picture11043-cam00150.jpg

jugoya-albums-setup-porter-bein-ham-picture11044-cam00149.jpg

OP
jugoya

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
I took the new cage I got for Porter and put it below an old cage I had that I had been using for him.

took off the plastic bottom and put it on its side. Instead using its wire bottom barrier as the side of the cage. Converting an 18x18 x24 tall into an 18x18x24 long for the budgies conserving both space and money for the moment. AND giving both sets of birds quite a bit more room.

I just use a soft fleece bottom for both cages and clean them each and every day.
It is seriously the perfect setup.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
I think it looks great! Is it hard to clean the bottom of the top cage?

OP
jugoya

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Not in the slightest. I just take out the towel and replace it with another. Doing a wash cycle every other day when they are in bed.

The change worked wonderfully.. Porter actually feels more secure in the bottom cage, protected on two sides rather than one, and spends at least half his day up top.
The parakeets are MUCH happier able to flit around and actually fly a short distance across the cage ^^.

Most Reactions

Latest posts