New here . Any opinions on his beak?? Was bit by other parrot , he is eating , drinking ,bathing and been spoiled.

Moshiko

Oct 16, 2022
image.jpg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Welcome to the forums!

Why kind of bird was he bitten by?

It’s hard to tell from the pics but is the bottom beak overlapping the upper mandible? And is that blood on the lower?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Obvious wear and tear and natural flaking off, but more pics, close ups really, are needed to say more, IMHO. You know what it looked like prior to this pic, did it change in appearance suddenly?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
It's fine, ...I had a GCC with a beak that was a bit off, slanted/sideways and had to be trimmed from time to time but she actually let me trim her beak. If your bird was in the wild I wonder; but being cared for I'm not worried at all...I went though this....Just maintenance is all thats needed. You have a good bird. 12 out of 10 stars

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
My bird was bitten by a cockatoo as a baby and had a beak injury. She was fortunate in that not much damage was done and it healed really well. Still to this day she does have the tiniest little chip on the side.

I agree that more pictures would be helpful as it’s a little hard to see what’s going on there. Still eating and drinking is a good sign. If it were me I’d get to avian vet just to be sure.

Most Reactions

Latest posts