new here with medical ?

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
Hi everyone, I am new here and have checked out your forum for a bit. I have an almost 8 month old GCC named Token that I have had for 6 months, who I love like I never thought I could and who continues to amaze me daily.
My question is this, I was diagnosed with influenza type A today...what risks does this pose to Token, and what precautions do I need to take?
Thanks guys!

OP
tokensmom

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
Thanks...you would think I would know about this im a former vet tech and currently a nurse...lol. Never really worked with birds back then or had the interest.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Sheesh, you must have been sleeping on duty or just handled non-avians.....not knowing how addictive being a parrot slave can be & not knowing that zoonosis works the other way around animal-human, although we can transmit germs to them by allowing our feathered friends to do our dental flossing/cleaning or preen our lips.....

You can't get too sick...who's going to take care of Token?

OP
tokensmom

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
For now I get out of bed a few times and give my little guy attention. I feel so bad for him because when i see him he says "wheres mommy". Luckily my boyfriend is giving him extra attention...and they like each other pretty well!

Most Reactions