Lillian

Mar 24, 2016
Media
Parrots
Macaws
Hello everyone,
I'm Lillian and I have a pair of blue and gold macaws, whom I got last spring. They are about nine years old and although they were originally hand reared the person who bought them proceeded to keep them in a mid size dog kennel, didn't handle them, and fed them a poor diet for a he next several years. They were traded to a local pet store, and no one wanted them as they're very aggressive. My husband was doing some construction at the shop and when I'd go there the male (at least I was told he's a boy) started getting friendly with me and let me handle him. The female was still very shy. Because of this the shop owner asked if my husband and I wanted them, and as I've always wanted a parrot, and I felt so badly for them they came home with us.
They've now got a whole room that we've fitted out for them (made sure to parrot safe it) with a large play pen we made out of posts and branches. We named them Bogart and Bacall.
This adventure has had its ups and downs, and I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum.
Thanks for letting me join. :blue1:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the forums, Lillian, Bogart & Bacall (GREAT names!!!!!!!) :)

Thank you for giving those B&Gs a chance for a happy life!!!

Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Morgan- (2) PGCC, Merlin- GCC (10 months), Chi-Chi-female Mustache Parakeet ( 11 months) , Teddy-Budgie (6 months)
Hello everyone,
I'm Lillian and I have a pair of blue and gold macaws, whom I got last spring. They are about nine years old and although they were originally hand reared the person who bought them proceeded to keep them in a mid size dog kennel, didn't handle them, and fed them a poor diet for a he next several years. They were traded to a local pet store, and no one wanted them as they're very aggressive. My husband was doing some construction at the shop and when I'd go there the male (at least I was told he's a boy) started getting friendly with me and let me handle him. The female was still very shy. Because of this the shop owner asked if my husband and I wanted them, and as I've always wanted a parrot, and I felt so badly for them they came home with us.
They've now got a whole room that we've fitted out for them (made sure to parrot safe it) with a large play pen we made out of posts and branches. We named them Bogart and Bacall.
This adventure has had its ups and downs, and I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum.
Thanks for letting me join. :blue1:

That is an amazing story! They so chose you and I am so excited for your adventure! :smile015:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
welcome. I am glad they went home with you. someone who will care for them.
texsize

Most Reactions