New pooch to our family ! (name ???)

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
We have added another,...pooch to our family !

He's a two year male old Sheltie and as you'll see, incredibly handsome !
He's very well behaved and intelligent, like most well bred Shelties.
He's used to cats and dogs and is fixed. (he didn't want me to reveal that) lol

His grandmother, mother and father are all AKC Champions. Akito won his first AKC show at one year old and a few best in breeds.

We'll make a 300 mile trip this Friday or the next. We can't wait,.....to bring him home !

Patty & I don't know if we like his name, "Akito" A-KI-TO.
It kind sounds like the breed Akita.

Since both eyes are blue, (hard to see with these pics) we may want to think of a name that suits his eyes. "Blue" is well,...ok. My wife thought of "Indy", short for indigo blue.

Please help us with a name !

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
He's beautiful. I grew up with a sheltie. He was a terribly bred pet store dog. (This was 40 years ago before we knew any better). And he was well behaved and intelligent, too!

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
frank ...old blue eyes...sinatra

Zazoothehahns

Apr 5, 2013
Beautiful blue merle. Reminds me of our two very small blue merle mini Aussies. I am not one to change names, but if you do, I would suggest going with a name that has the same sound to it as his current name so he either picks up on it quickly or responds to the same hard sounds he associates with his name. Good Luck!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Most dogs will learn a new name fairly quickly if you use it all the time in their presence. If he were my doggie (I wish! He's gorgeous!), I'd call him Francis Albert. And no, I wouldn't shorten it: he'd be Francis Albert in full. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I had a Sheltie named "Bandit", I like the name!!! He was a very well behaved dog that's nice to all my animals. He died of old age at 15 years old....

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Gorgeous Sheltie!!! I'm horrible with names, but I'll throw this out so you can get a kick out of it ;) "CHAMP". :D

Most Reactions