New sprinkle/topper

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Hi all,
so Iā€™ve just made a new dry sprinkle/topper to put over my birdies chop.
itā€™s great as it soaks up the moisture from the chop and he gets a little bit of everything.
He occasionally gets a small sprinkle of Johnson and Jeff low fat parrot food Instead.
the list is quite long, so I took a picture of the ingredients.
ok..it was not cheap, but so much cheaper than buying a ready made one from a Pet shop or Etsy.
Itā€™s in an airtight container, I think it will last 4/5 months as there a very large volume of it.
Iā€™m pleased to have got the dandelion, as he wonā€™t eat it from the garden, but now itā€™s in the sprinkle. (One Eclectus website had this listed as a super food) Plus also the nettle, as I donā€™t like picking this one up ..Ouch .. lol
Hope to inspire you to make your own as long as itā€™s safe food for your beloved.

Attachments

• 371121FD-77DE-4819-A627-88480BBB1DC8.jpeg
    371121FD-77DE-4819-A627-88480BBB1DC8.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 82
  • E42942B7-C1AB-4018-A87A-6DB90360FD5F.jpeg
    E42942B7-C1AB-4018-A87A-6DB90360FD5F.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
How is your Ekkie doing with chop, and the topping? Mine likes everything for a short time frame, and then stops eating it.

OP
Talaya

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
How is your Ekkie doing with chop, and the topping? Mine likes everything for a short time frame, and then stops eating it.
He seems to be loving it still. He does leave the large chamomile flowers and rose petals, but he does eat the lavender & marigold petals and all the seed.
I only give him 1 or 2 teaspoons sprinkled on his chop; once a day.. he has to go through it to get to the chop. when heā€™s finished the bowl just has a little pile of mush in it which he never eats. Itā€™s all the skins Etc so thereā€™s probably a bit mixed in with that.

Last edited:
OP
Talaya

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
i reduced the amount but still give a pinch from the container most nights; on his dinner. He sits on my shoulder and watches me put his dinner together.. but when I open the box of this to take a pinch he canā€™t contain himself anymore and runs down my arm trying to get some before I put the lid back on. I think this was a winner. (It only has half the bag of coconut chips in it)

Last edited:

Most Reactions