New toys for the sleepy boy!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I am sad Kiwi's new cage has to be pushed back again:( So I did what any guilty "parront" would- made him some fabulous new toys to make it up to him! I still had some parts from MSBS I had yet to use, so I made up some different than his usual toys:)

Java wood knots and hollow "seed pod" foraging cups:
DSC_6324_zps13148afa.jpg

Goldn'obles (type of treat shaped like a cheerio) strung up with some of his favorite kind of plastic bits n pieces:
DSC_6325_zps49f933a8.jpg

"Thanks for the toys mom, but I'm a sleepy Kiwi" (I had to wake up early to take the car to the mechanic, so Kiwi got woken up early too so he could eat. I'm sure he will play after he naps;) He does look super cuddly when he's puffily like this though. One last thing, that's a bit of pomegranate, not blood on his beak:eek:):
DSC_6330_zpsbf5ed602.jpg

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
He does look a bit sleepy (I recognize the look cause Zilla does it too)

I bet he will love love love the new toys when he wakes up from his nap! They look super fun!

When you give pomegranate do you just give him a piece and let him get the seeds out himself or just give him the seeds after you take them out of the skin?

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Just thought I'd point out that since your car repairs have caused a setback in Kiwi getting that new, fancy cage, we've not heard his thoughts on the matter ! ! !

You know how those inquiring minds can get ! ! !

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Just thought I'd point out that since your car repairs have caused a setback in Kiwi getting that new, fancy cage, we've not heard his thoughts on the matter ! ! !

You know how those inquiring minds can get ! ! !

Well, how's this after-nap display for an answer to how he feels about coming "second" to that car (I mean, who needs a car when you can fly, or ride a hand right???):

DSC_6342_zps51d8e14a.jpg

DSC_6336_zpsdbd9cbfa.jpg

Last edited:

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
I think that makes his opinion on the subject pretty dang clear..... o.o

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Kiwi is so beautiful! Your toys are awesome too! Mine never come out looking that good!!

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Very creative toys. They look like you put a lot of thought in to the design. Where do you buy your toy parts for those?

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Kiwi is such a handsome birdman!
It looks like he's saying "Did you really just" with the most sarcastic smile :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Love your new toy designs! Pomegranates and custom made toys should have made Kiwi happy, but it looks like he's bitter about losing sleep. Hope he forgives you soon.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Very creative toys. They look like you put a lot of thought in to the design. Where do you buy your toy parts for those?

I got the big java wood knots from my safe bird store. They have a great selection of toy parts, especially for birds who like chewing! I also "salvage" anything that's in good condition from otherwise ready for the trash toys, clean it and reuse it. And, as always, keep my eyes peeled at garage sales/thrift stores for old baby toys and party supply stores for plastic party favors (use common sense).

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Kiwi doesn't care about the size of the cage. Now if it was a spa, maybe, lol. He's got to look good, lol.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
That is so cool! Kiwi is such a lucky bird! And very handsome to :)

Most Reactions