LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Always a pleasure to see you and the Goddess Nike, she is such a beauty, thank you!

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
18 seconds

Last edited:
OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Here's kind of a lengthy video of Nike, nothing exciting.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTw7msvb6w"]Nike petting - YouTube[/ame]

Amazon Selfie Stick
ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

Attachments

• 511VtlSq-SL._SX522_.jpg
    511VtlSq-SL._SX522_.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I just love her noises....she’s so quiet compared to my suns :). She just seems so chilled out getting her cheekies rubbed.

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
I just love her noises....she’s so quiet compared to my suns :). She just seems so chilled out getting her cheekies rubbed.
Yes, she is much more quiet than my OWA was. In general her loudest activity though annoying is still pretty tolerable.

We're heading off to the CAV today for her annual wellness check. Maybe a pic in her fleece covered pak in in the future...we'll see :)

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Why my hair always looks messy.

[ame="https://youtu.be/QLkJ28vxBiY"]nike hair - YouTube[/ame]

Of course there was a poop as well but luckily it rolled off ;)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yair that’s the excuse I always use for messy hair too - the parronts equivalent of “the dog ate my homework”

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Such progress you have made with Nike , Bill.She is very beautiful - Salty thoght so too - he walked up to the screen and asked nike "Are you a bird? A pretty bird?" Salty only does that for his girlfrien birds, usually IRN's. I guess he is smitten with Nike too!.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Such progress you have made with Nike , Bill.She is very beautiful - Salty thoght so too - he walked up to the screen and asked nike "Are you a bird? A pretty bird?" Salty only does that for his girlfrien birds, usually IRN's. I guess he is smitten with Nike too!.

As we all join the smitten by Nike crowd!
Love the updates Bill!

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Thanks guys. She really is turning into a great bird. If I could only get her to eat veggies ;)

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Thanks guys. She really is turning into a great bird. If I could only get her to eat veggies ;)

Bill how is Nike taking to the freeze dried chop? Amy does eat it but just like everything else it's hit or miss. BB couldn't care less.
Nike is gorgeous.

Jim

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Jim, today was the first day I can say that she actually ate a reasonable amount of it. I hydrated it with unsweetened apple juice and used enough so that there was some juice on the bottom of the cup. If I can get her to eat like this a few more times I might be onto something. Probably need to find a organic juice with nothing in it but I'll worry about that if she starts regularly eating it.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Thats is great to hear!
Do you think with more veggies in the diet Nike might become even more stunning?

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Thats is great to hear!
Do you think with more veggies in the diet Nike might become even more stunning?
Christa, I think she looks very healthy. I'll admit that I was a little worried about her feather brilliance but I've been observing it for a while now and the visible saturation of the colors is very dependent on the lighting. In a dimly lit room her colors look drab but bring her to the window and some sunlight, even if not direct, and she is as bright as she appears in some of her pictures.

I really just want her to have the veggies in her diet because it is important for her health. If a byproduct of this is more color then that's a bonus. Her behavior is getting better and better daily and by that I mean her willingness to cooperate with whatever we ask of her. I suppose it is possible that it took her 3 years to become totally trusting of us but I think we've achieved that and like I said, daily she surprises me now.

Actually I just realized that today is three years to the day that we adopted her.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
A (belated) congratulations on the tri-doption-day.

I just asked because she looks so wonderfull already.
I am glad you guys have really, really clicked.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Love me some Nike! And that last video was hilarious! Her decision to just climb your head seemed so random. Wonder what went through her head just then?

Your after comment also cracked me up, as the first thought that came to mind once she'd reached the top of your head was, "Hope she doesn't treat his head like his new shirts!" It's like you'd read my mind. Lol!

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Hehehe, you can almost see the moment that the thought comes into her head ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts