Not a bird owner yet but soon, looking for guidance!!!!😁

000trick000

Apr 10, 2020
Ohio
Parrots
None now, had budgies growing up
First time posting, been doing some research on which parrot would be best for my family!!! Thinking of adopting a Quaker parrot, seems like they would fit my lifestyle the best. Not sure though, anyone have a Quaker that they couldn’t live with or without. Thanks!!!!

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Mama to Milo the Pineapple X Cinnamon GCC
First time posting, been doing some research on which parrot would be best for my family!!! Thinking of adopting a Quaker parrot, seems like they would fit my lifestyle the best. Not sure though, anyone have a Quaker that they couldn’t live with or without. Thanks!!!!

[mention]Laurasea [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Re: Not a bird owner yet but soon, looking for guidance!!!!��

Welcome, thanks for researching before taking the plunge! I am not familiar with the charms of Quakers but many members love them!

deankaren46

Jun 2, 2019
Hi and welcome,
Had a blue quaker a few years ago, was lovely. Only down side of Quakers imo is they can become un tame quite easily.
Wife has a Conyer which after keeping birds for years and forever would imo b easier or cocktails. Both if hand tame don't revert as easily back to wild.
Choices are endless and again each bird will be different but that's my two peneth.
Enjoy.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Welcome! :) My QP Ralph has been with me for 10 years and I wouldn't trade him for anything. You will likely be told that all Quakers are noisy and cage aggressive, but that's not so. Ralph is neither. He's fairly even-tempered and relatively quiet. Ralph is very intelligent, rather stubborn, curious and inquisitive and has a well-developed sense of humor too. Evey parrot of any kind is an individual and there are Quakers around who are quite different from Ralph, as I'm sure you'll be told in future replies to this post.

Most Reactions