Not really training, but kinda cool

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
When we were at our breeder's picking up Jade and Ruby earlier this week, we were talking to her about the babies she had in her "nursery". One of them is a blue-throated macaw that she didn't breed but is raising for (this is the cool part) Barbara Heidenreich of Good Bird, Inc. Barbara was given this baby by another breeder to use in her training sessions and help educate and promote habitat conservation for these birds in the wild. She said she'd only take this bird if our breeder raised it.

It makes me feel good that our Jade and Ruby came from a respected and responsible breeder in the bird community.

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
When we were at our breeder's picking up Jade and Ruby earlier this week, we were talking to her about the babies she had in her "nursery". One of them is a blue-throated macaw that she didn't breed but is raising for (this is the cool part) Barbara Heidenreich of Good Bird, Inc. Barbara was given this baby by another breeder to use in her training sessions and help educate and promote habitat conservation for these birds in the wild. She said she'd only take this bird if our breeder raised it.

It makes me feel good that our Jade and Ruby came from a respected and responsible breeder in the bird community.

WOW, that would definitely give me a good feeling if my breeder was raising birds for someone so highly respected. Thats so cool :D

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I can't imagine a better reassurance to have when bringing your new Fids home.

Brilliant!

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Barb already has one BTM, guess you can never have to many tho...:09:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
That is really reassuring, I would be so pleased as well.
I must get my breeder's name out and see if they are perhaps related

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Iff anyone is interested in Barbs sessions she is in Fairfax Va. this week as I previously posted. I would love to go but I could not find anyone to carpool with. Guess it was not meant to be.

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Iff anyone is interested in Barbs sessions she is in Fairfax Va. this week as I previously posted. I would love to go but I could not find anyone to carpool with. Guess it was not meant to be.

SB if only I could
12_7_25.gif
I would certainly go with you

SB I am with Ant... I would love to go... but it is a little far for me.
There is a Bird Fair on Oct 30th here in Ft. Worth. But my breeder said to stay away from them as there is history of people bring sick birds there to sell.. A lady at work who has had birds for years says she goes to all of them.

Mike

Most Reactions

Latest posts