October 2021 POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
You certainly are right about that Farnoosh. No more awe-inspiring treat than winning the trust of a sweet little soul like Paisley. Beautiful pic, my friend! ❤️
Thank you my friend! You inspired me to keep persisting!🥰

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Horrible quality photo, but it's the best I could do because I didn't want to move and took this on my PC camera on a very dark rainy day, BUT… View attachment 31425

here is my baby Paisley snuggling up to me, which is THE ultimate and the best TREAT I could ever ask for since up until today, she was completely afraid of my hands and/or body parts! Huge progress for the sweetheart and I! Very happy:) :)
I love this picture and what it represents so much! That is the best feeling in the world and Paisley looks so happy and at peace all snuggled up.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you my friend! You inspired me to keep persisting!🥰
Aaaawwwwwwwww thank you Farnoosh! That's very sweet of you to say :) But I think there was a certain little "somebirdy" who had a lot more to do with that than me ;)

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
Nice pic, Farnoosh !! Persistence almost always pays off with parrots. They are stubborn like mules, most of them. Paisley will no doubt get more and more comfortable with you now, though.
Thank you! Yes they are stubborn, I am only discovering that now! Especially the female ones, from my experience, they are tough! :D I love the name of your parrot Salty by the way and I have watched your videos on YouTube:) I am of Persian descent, and in Persian language we have a term that translates to "salty" and it's an expression we use for people who are full of character, humor, and life! Never knew the term existed in English though!🥰 Love it!

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
I love this picture and what it represents so much! That is the best feeling in the world and Paisley looks so happy and at peace all snuggled up.
aww thank you so much! 🥰 :orange:🙏

OrrinocosMom

Jul 29, 2021
Media
Albums
New England
Parrots
Orrinoco The Pirate

October's POTM Theme
is

WZ4pizX.jpg

For this month, show off your birds doing tricks, playing tricks on you, eating yummy treats or dressed up in costume!

Photoshop is allowed and videos of 90 seconds or less are welcome.

The trick doesn't need to be anything elaborate, and can include them stepping up or anything else they have been taught to do.

For the treats, as long as they are healthy anything goes:)

*A reminder that you can upload your pictures straight to the forum now! This makes it so easy, and the pictures uploaded to the forum will be visible on the homepage if you win. Any photos linked from other sites (such as Imgur) won't be visible and would need to be uploaded to the forum upon winning.*

animated-disney-halloween-image-0001.jpg

The contest will run until the morning (MST) of October 29th, and a poll for voting will go up then. The winner will be announced on November 1.

The winner will receive a Supporting Membership for a year,

and their photo will be on the forum home page as the winner for the month of October.

One official entry per person, but you can add as many Just for Fun entries as you want!

Please make sure to specify which one is your official entry, and remember to follow all forum rules for safety, etc.

Please include your bird's name somewhere in your post.

animated-halloween-image-0461.gif

Examples

animated-halloween-image-0511.gif

Slater on his back

full

animated-halloween-image-0520.gif

Justice eating a homemade sweet potato chip

full

Ekko dressed up as the Grinch

View attachment 31104

animated-halloween-image-0749.gif

Hi. I'm not sure how to post a photo of the month....can someone guide me? Do I just do it here like this and add a photo? Thanks!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi. I'm not sure how to post a photo of the month....can someone guide me? Do I just do it here like this and add a photo? Thanks!!
Yep, that's it exactly :) Looking forward to seeing your entry!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
JFF:

Okay, one of Tucker's "things." Maybe not exactly a trick, but it's one of the things he does. And of course, Tucker cuteness is always a treat for me. My upside down boy... :)

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Tee hee, nice one! But at the end there Tucker's looking at you all kinda "Aaaaawwww dad, that was a pretty neat trick. Surely it's worth more than one kiss? C'mon dad, I'm waiting!!" 😁

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Tee hee, nice one! But at the end there Tucker's looking at you all kinda "Aaaaawwww dad, that was a pretty neat trick. Surely it's worth more than one kiss? C'mon dad, I'm waiting!!" 😁
Oh, don't you worry. He's mighty demanding of lots of kisses, ALL. THE. TIME! Happy to oblige :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Okay, one of Tucker's "things." Maybe not exactly a trick, but it's one of the things he does. And of course, Tucker cuteness is always a treat for me. My upside down boy... :)
LOL, that definitely qualifies as a trick, and that sweet kiss at the end is such a treat:) I love me some Tucker!

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
JFF:

awwwwwww what a cute baby! 🥰

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
JFF:

Tucker is such a beautiful and cute boy! And that is definitely a trick :)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
October 2021 Official Entry. Duffy and Rocky munching on their Jack O’ Lantern.
Hmm...I can't see the video. The whole time, it's just black for me. I don't know, can anyone else see it?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

ShellyL

Feb 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Parrots
Black capped conures, Duffy and Rocky
Lilac Crowned Amazon, Gemi
Blue Fronted Amazon, Paco
Alexandrine Parrots, Worf & Dougie
Congo African Grey, Ozzy
Parakeet, Stormy

Sadly I am unable to get your video to play.
Here is a link about uploading a video:
https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/how-to-post-videos.90717/#post-940719

I hope this helps:)
Sadly I am unable to get your video to play.
Here is a link about uploading a video:
https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/how-to-post-videos.90717/#post-940719

I hope this helps:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thank you - hope you can see the video now of Duffy & Rocky munching on their Jack O' Lanterns. Official Entry!
Yes, I can see it now and I love it! Duffy and Rocky are sure enjoying their pumpkin, and the way they are each taking turns is so sweet:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts