October 2021 POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Can I enter a video of both of my birds doing a trick (together), or can it only be one bird?
There's no limit on the number of birds, Inko, indeed the more the merrier! :)

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Okay, here is my entry! This is Sprite giving me her ball when I say "bring it to me". This trick is special because we've been working on it for months, and she finally got it last week. I'm really proud of her, and I can tell she's proud of herself too!
(Also in the video is Marshmallow's trick. Waiting for Sprite to do the work, and then eating all the millet! 😂)

https://www.parrotforums.com/media/sprite-bring-it-to-me.3774/

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Okay, here is my entry! This is Sprite giving me her ball when I say "bring it to me". This trick is special because we've been working on it for months, and she finally got it last week. I'm really proud of her, and I can tell she's proud of herself too!
(Also in the video is Marshmallow's trick. Waiting for Sprite to do the work, and then eating all the millet! 😂)

https://www.parrotforums.com/media/sprite-bring-it-to-me.3774/
I was debating between this video and another one, where they were both doing a trick together. The other one was more technically perfect, but this video just represents my bird's personalities better. Sprite is always the one that loves doing tricks and working for her treat, while Marshmallow just finds any way to cheat and still get millet without doing anything at all. 😄

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
ok, I'm changing my official entry to the first one, cuz I'm her mom and I think its so cute. I tried everybody, they were worried, only Phoebe thought it might be a yummy veggie snack. I do need to get some pumpkin for them!@ i always love looking at all the entries!so many gorgeous, funny, or cute parrots out there, and love the creativity
20211028_150359.jpg
20211028_150359.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I was debating between this video and another one, where they were both doing a trick together. The other one was more technically perfect, but this video just represents my bird's personalities better. Sprite is always the one that loves doing tricks and working for her treat, while Marshmallow just finds any way to cheat and still get millet without doing anything at all. 😄
I think this was a great choice! Sprite was working hard on tricks, and Marshmallow was working hard on sneaking treats:)
I can't get your video to embed, can you try to upload it straight to this thread and see if it will work? Or possibly to Youtube? Otherwise it will just be the link in the poll thread.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
ok, I'm changing my official entry to the first one, cuz I'm her mom and I think its so cute. I tried everybody, they were worried, only Phoebe thought it might be a yummy veggie snack. I do need to get some pumpkin for them!@ i always love looking at all the entries!so many gorgeous, funny, or cute parrots out there, and love the creativity View attachment 31717View attachment 31717
Haha, entry change noted! I also need to pick up a couple of pumpkins for mine, thanks for the reminder!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thank you all for all the fantastic pictures and videos this month!
The contest is now closed, and the poll thread will be posted shortly:)

October 2021 POTM Poll

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts