October 2023 POTM Contest!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I love all the entries this month but I was expecting more "inner beauty" entrants. Disabled birds. Plucked birds. Very elderly birds. Baby birds (some think they are "ugly" because they have no feathers). I wasn't going to enter my budgie Rocky but so many people thought she was ugly when she was a baby without feathers but I thought she was beautiful! So here she is again. Rocky, my Rockstar BabyBird! Isn't she gorgeous!
IMG_20221119_112933647.jpg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I love all the entries this month but I was expecting more "inner beauty" entrants. Disabled birds. Plucked birds. Very elderly birds. Baby birds (some think they are "ugly" because they have no feathers). I wasn't going to enter my budgie Rocky but so many people thought she was ugly when she was a baby without feathers but I thought she was beautiful! So here she is again. Rocky, my Rockstar BabyBird! Isn't she gorgeous!View attachment 55256
I forgot to add that Rocky is going to be One year old on November 9!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Beautiful entry !!!
Rocky was just about 8 days old and her eyes hadn't even opened her eyes yet and had no feathers. Everyone said she was ugly but we thought she was perfect! I loved her cute little chicken wings! She had a very good appetite and was so chubby already. I wonder what she thought when she opened her eyes and saw us huge two-legged silly creatures instead of a mama budgie.

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Heres a bedraggled Solo after a bath , several months ago; not looking at his best lol. I seem to remember that day he just didnt Want to get out of the shower and I had to remove him before he had finished as he was very wet.

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpeg
    IMG_2512.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Denise1229

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 19, 2023
Media
Parrots
Black head caique
Diesel bird loves his yogurt in the mornings. He sticks his head all way inside the little mason jar🤣. Then he needs a bath🚰I make his yogurt so it doesnt have any sugar in it. Diesel will share his yogurt with me🥰
This is official entry. I saw other people putting this with their post so I figured I needed to.

Attachments

• IMG_3499.jpeg
    IMG_3499.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 119

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Diesel bird loves his yogurt in the mornings. He sticks his head all way inside the little mason jar🤣. Then he needs a bath🚰I make his yogurt so it doesnt have any sugar in it. Diesel will share his yogurt with me🥰
This is official entry. I saw other people putting this with their post so I figured I needed to.
Hi, do you know that dairy foods are not good for most parrots? Their digestive systems aren't built for it.
Look into it please. I would hate for your beautiful bird to develop an illness from that.

Denise1229

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 19, 2023
Media
Parrots
Black head caique
Hi, do you know that dairy foods are not good for most parrots? Their digestive systems aren't built for it.
Look into it please. I would hate for your beautiful bird to develop an illness from that.
Ok, I didnt know that. I was told that parrots could have yogurt but no other kind of dairy.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So cute! Happy to see a caique in the contest.

Denise1229

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 19, 2023
Media
Parrots
Black head caique
Ok, I didnt know that. I was told that parrots could have yogurt but no other kind of dairy.
I have been giving it to him from the time I got him when he was 8 months old. He is 6 years old now. All if his vet check ups are good. Vets always talj about what good health he is and how hw has unusually good plumage. He doesnt get yogurt everyday. I give it to him a couple times a month.

TulsiBlueVana

Oct 17, 2023
Media
Parrots
Tusli= Black-Capped Conure x1
My sincerest apologies for the late start this month. Personal life and business duties have to come first.
However, there's method to the madness...

This Month's Theme:

INNER BEAUTY
As today, October 7th, is National Inner Beauty Day :)

It's no secret that we all see our birds as beautiful, but... Why?

The obvious answer, It's because of their inner beauty.
The intangible glow of personality that makes them who they are,
and the reason we love them oh so much.
Many of you know I have a soft spot for the "imperfect" birdies, the plucked or
unconventional looking ones that steal your heart. It's that inner beauty that
causes me, and so many of you, to look past the physical,

even if they're physically gorgeous.
They're worthy of being loved no matter what, aren't they?
❤️❤️❤️

So, Let's see pictures of your birds showing how glorious and beautiful they are,
Inside and out!

View attachment 54920
View attachment 54921
View attachment 54922
View attachment 54923
View attachment 54924

The contest will run from now until the morning of October 29th (Eastern USA time) at which time there will be a three day polling period. Winner will be announced the morning of November 1st. The winner will receive a free, one year Supporting Membership to Parrot Forums, and the winning entry will be displayed on the forum homepage for the following month. The winning photo will also be automatically entered into our Photo of the Year Contest for next year!!!

Only one "Official Entry" per person, however, you may submit as many "Just for Fun" entries as you like! Videos and photoshopped images will be allowed, but not required.
Please don't forget to tell us your bird's name in your post. :)
Good luck everyone!

Official entry 🦜 This is Tulsi Blue Vana

Attachments

• IMG_5769.jpeg
    IMG_5769.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 54

John2009

Sep 17, 2023
Parrots
Rio
We give our African grey cheese not a lot for calcium wee bit every day wee have google this also off the breader aswell she loves it if she’s not wonting it she will not eat it but sometime she scoffs it and he feathers are in great condition and my bird in general

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
My dog's named deisel!

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
I love all the entries this month but I was expecting more "inner beauty" entrants. Disabled birds. Plucked birds. Very elderly birds. Baby birds (some think they are "ugly" because they have no feathers). I wasn't going to enter my budgie Rocky but so many people thought she was ugly when she was a baby without feathers but I thought she was beautiful! So here she is again. Rocky, my Rockstar BabyBird! Isn't she gorgeous!View attachment 55256
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Most Reactions

Latest posts